Honored Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Tanya Roberts is now declared dead( again) for the second time

[ Edited ]

I just hope if i close my eyes in hospital , i am not declared dead. Something is not right with this story , why would you just leave without calling the doctor. And i am surprised he was allowed to visit as bad as that would be , with Covid restrictions.

Respected Contributor

RIP, Ms. Roberts, whoever you are.

Esteemed Contributor

Sad situation when our healthcare system is so overburdened that it can't get it right.

Respected Contributor

What a sad and bizarre story.  If she is indeed dead, may she Rest In Peace.

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Sad situation when our healthcare system is so overburdened that it can't get it right.

Is that a fact that's what happened here @NicksmomESQ ?

Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@NicksmomESQ,  why blame the healthcare system, they did not make a premature announcement that she had passed and if she has now passed the healthcare system has not made a public announcement.

Any blame for premature announcements and the resulting confusion rests solely on the shoulders of her SO.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@Marp @Lucky Charm  Someone must have told her partner that she had passed,then hadn't, then had. If it wasn't someone on the hospital staff then who? Just my opinion.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not sure whether the SO contacted media outlets or they got wind of her being hospitalized and contacted him. Either way TMZ and other media outlets deserve at least a dishonorable mention for contributing to all the speculation by poor reporting. I haven't even done a lot of looking into the story but a couple of Google searches yielded this.

First they said Lance was unable to be with Tanya due to Covid restrictions. Then they reported he was with her at her bedside and she died in his arms. Then she was alive again and now, again, she's dead. Do we even know for sure?

Secondly they reported Lance was her husband of 18 years yet 14 years ago she was still married to her husband Barry who died in 2006. Now they are reporting he is her long time partner. 

Thirdly they now report that Tanya was married to Barry for "several years." 

"Tanya was married to Barry Roberts for several years, but they didn't have any children before his death in 2006." - TMZ

I don't know about you but I can't remember the last time I referred to a 32 year marriage as "several years." Several decades...maybe. But I would think those reporting the story could subtract 1974 from 2006. So her current partner is "long time" but 32 years with her husband is reported as"several." Okay then.

As for Tanya, it's a shame so much speculation surrounded her death. May she now be able to rest in peace. 

It would be great if media outlets would actually verify a story before reporting. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Marp @Lucky Charm  Someone must have told her partner that she had passed,then hadn't, then had. If it wasn't someone on the hospital staff then who? Just my opinion.

@NicksmomESQ , no one told him she had died! He is the one who reported it and ran out of the hospital to announce it. He didn't stick around long enough to speak with anyone because he supposedly too upset!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson