Honored Contributor

Re: Tampa, Florida - Packed Church 03/29

God gave them a brain, and for some reason they refuse to use it.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I'd like to know how that church had the money for thirteen of those machines, if they even did that. They do exist, the ones I've seen are like a hand held pressurized gun that shoots out solution.

In my personal view my higher power wants people to do the right thing for others and stay home.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Valued Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

That church is very irresponsible.  I don't care about their members' health, but society at-large is depending on people to do the right thing.

Ditto.  'Just my opinion, and just a guess, but i'm assuming that passing the collection basket is priority #1 over the health and well-being of everyone's loved ones in this community.  I'll be hoping for the best, but they are playing with fire.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Frequent Contributor

In my opinion, the pastor of that church should be put on house arrest! Yes, the parishioners made the choice to go to the service...showing their lack of common sense and lack of concern for risking the health family members at home as well as their own.  However, the pastor set up the situation by making it known that it would be church as usual...virus or no virus.

Trusted Contributor

They could be trying to make a last pitch to their god to save them. Who knows?

Honored Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

@roxxy1 wrote:

Something seriously wrong with these folks.   SMDH889b5af896e24f40970166105999b330.jpg

The Pastor boasted his place was white-glove clean, saying, “We brought in 13 machines that basically kill every virus in the place, and uh, if somebody walks through the door it’s like, it kills everything on them. If they sneeze, it shoots it down at like 100 mph. It'll neutralize it in split seconds. We have the most sterile building in, I don’t know, all of America.”

Hope he knows what he is doing!

That pastor reminds me of someone.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Zhills wrote:

@roxxy1 wrote:

Something seriously wrong with these folks.   SMDH889b5af896e24f40970166105999b330.jpg

The Pastor boasted his place was white-glove clean, saying, “We brought in 13 machines that basically kill every virus in the place, and uh, if somebody walks through the door it’s like, it kills everything on them. If they sneeze, it shoots it down at like 100 mph. It'll neutralize it in split seconds. We have the most sterile building in, I don’t know, all of America.”

Hope he knows what he is doing!

That pastor reminds me of someone.

Maybe a cousin??  

Valued Contributor

@lenapecci wrote:

Evertytime things like this happen we have to keep resetting the clock!  

What the heck is it going to take for people to stay home.  

We who stay home will never get out at this rate.  I'm getting of tired of all of theses people. 

@lenapecci  This is exactly how I feel. I'm getting beyond sick and tired of seeing people blatantly disregarding the request to social distance. As you stated the SCARIEST part is that each time these lovely people who live among us congregate it just resets the 14 day clock OVER and OVER and OVER again. If we don't have a national quarantine that is ENFORCED by law (ie, I guess martial law) I'm afraid this will never end.

Not that I want that at all, but unfortunately you have idiots in every bunch with regards to almost anything that ruin it for others and here were are with the group of morons in this situation. JMO

~ Hope in TN ~
Respected Contributor

Here's another one.

CENTRAL, La. — Hundreds of people flouted Louisiana’s COVID-19 ban on gatherings, coming on buses and in personal vehicles to the first of three Sunday services at their church a day after New Orleans police broke up a funeral gathering of about 100 people.

An estimated 500 people of all ages filed inside the Life Tabernacle church in Central, a city of nearly 29,000 outside Baton Rouge.

Valued Contributor

@wishmoon wrote:

They could be trying to make a last pitch to their god to save them. Who knows?

@wishmoon  Then IF that is the case, there are OTHER ways to do it!!!!!! (ie, video calls/conferences, by phone, etc) You don't totally disregard public health/safety b/c of selfishness! Sorry, it's just mind boggling to me. Not sure what is so hard for people to understand about STAY AT HOME! At this rate it's never going to end!

~ Hope in TN ~