Esteemed Contributor

Re: Talking About Typos

[ Edited ]

@AliJoi5, I didn't understand the poofing, it was all in fun, not demeaning anyone or anything. If they knew you, they would get it. You are all Sweetness and Light! Woman Wink

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @AliJoi5, WE were having fun with one another ,weren't WEWoman LOL

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@AliJoi5, I didn't understand the proofing, it was all in fun, not demeaning anyone or anything. If they knew you, they would get it. You are all Sweetness and Light! Woman Wink

How true is this @MaggieMack?  We were having fun with one another and making fun of ourselves.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Valued Contributor

@MaggieMack @MyGirlsMom

lol  I know!  The mods ARE Debbie Downers!!  Woman Very Happy  I kid, of course (sorta, maybe).  Woman Wink Woman Tongue  Copyright infringement!

My favorite line from that skit is when Lohan says, "ya know, I didn't say anything when you talked about It's a Small World and low birth weight..."  lolololol  We all know someone like this!!

Super Contributor

My iphone autocorrects plural days of the week to add an apostrophe. Sundays to Sunday's. How often do we use days of the week in the possessive?

Valued Contributor

I've watched that DD skit on Youtube now twice. LMAO - just like the people trying to get through it! Hard to believe that is 10 years old (and Lindsay L is so beautiful and...healthy!)

Honored Contributor

@Penellope wrote:

My iphone autocorrects plural days of the week to add an apostrophe. Sundays to Sunday's. How often do we use days of the week in the possessive?

When it's your first name! Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

My all-time favorite typo is still the one from a brochure about a ski lodge in the Dolomites, proudly announcing that all their rooms featured "French widows offering delightful prospects".

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Honored Contributor

Anyone remember this book when it came out?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 1.36.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-12-30 at 1.37.08 PM.png

There is also a children's version, and here's another funny one.