Valued Contributor

Re: Talk to me about handheld vacuum cleaners

I also have the Oreck handheld compact vacuum. Have it for years and love it! I definitely recommend it.
Respected Contributor

I also have a Shark handheld and like it, but for me its strength lies in the motorized pet attachment. Otherwise, it is a bit awkward.

I can recommend the Armor All 2.5 gallon wet/dry vac. I used one extensively when working with someone to get a house ready for sale. It's very light and compact but powerful. It's sold on Amazon and AutoZone, among other places. The usual price is around $45. It's not HEPA or at all fancy, but it does the job.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the feedback everyone!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

This is the Shark Handheld I use---great suction and great for pet hair ..It came with a special pet brush....However it is corded...

Shark Rocket Corded Hand Vac (HV292)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”

Agree. A very good vacuum cleaner, especially if you are looking for a corded one. I have been using it for two years now. Easy to use, not heavy, excellent suction power

Honored Contributor

The vac I love the most, is a canister one.  I like the long hose with a end that I can get in to slimmer areas.  Shoving a vac around is getting to be a real challenge for me anymore. Any others that I get will be one that allows me those two things.  Besides, I can move one of those around easier.