Honored Contributor

Talk about losing track of time!

[ Edited ]

I woke up at 7:30. I thought it was tomorrow at 7:30 A.M. I was glad to see I was getting up earlier again. When my husband asked me if I wanted the lights on, I said no, because I was enjoying, what I thought was the last few minutes of remaining darkness before sunrise. I began reading the news on my iPad. I copied some recipes to save to my files. I wondered why the sun still had not come up. I was thinking; " maybe I'll make my smoothie this morning since I must have missed making it yesterday." I looked at the time on my iPad for a second time and it said 8:30. I thought; "it's still not light." I thought; "that's strange," and then I suddenly realized that it was not tomorrow and I had only been napping. I have no idea what time it was when I fell asleep. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Talk about losing track of time!

@Mindy D I have done the same thing. I was asleep and heard my husband fall going out the door to walk the dog. He was shouting for her to come back, so I got outside as quickly as I could and she had returned to his side. He injured his shoulder. We struggled to get him up, take care of the the dog, and find an ice pack. I asked if he had made the coffee and he said he had. I went into the bath and did my morning routine to come out and find him turning out lights. I thought it was early morning, but it was bedtime. He had meant he had prepared the coffee to be ready to start the next morning.

That is the most confusing thing. It takes a while to grasp what has happened. At least you didn't miss your smoothie.

Honored Contributor

I can relate to that.  I fell asleep late in the afternoon napping and woke up and could not figure out what time of day it was. 

Esteemed Contributor

Last  week I time my treadmill to watch the 5.   They come in at 2  m-f. I got on treadmill and couldn,t understand why a Sunday show was on.  Also earlier in the day I noticed football was on a lot of stations and thought it just the playoffs, I don,t watch football.

I finally called my son, because he is one of the executives at Comcast, to ask if they changed their programming or didn,t update my account. I,m not getting my Monday programs.

He said , Mom, is Sunday not Monday.  At my age I thought I was getting senile. It really bothered me.  Now I see that other people do the same, thank god.

Honored Contributor

I do the same thing......BUT, my phone shows the date.....and my microwave is set to military time....so I know if it's am or pm.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Since I retired, I can't keep days of the week straight!  I didn't realize this would happen.  I knew my mother and my sister were always getting the days mixed up but I never thought I'd be in the same boat!  I remember being at work a lot of days and thinking the day would never end!  Now that I'm home all the time, a day flies by!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D  I never lost track of time to THAT degree....but often confuse Thursday with Friday...or the like. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi 

@Desertdi wrote:

I do the same thing......BUT, my phone shows the date.....and my microwave is set to military time....so I know if it's am or pm.

I know, my phone has date also, but my treadmill is gym size and in my garage and I have a land line phone in the garage.  Didn,t take the mobile with me.   In any case, I wasn,t thinking straight.

Started taking A Lessman memory vitamins.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden @Mindy D      My local TV news station has taken up the annoying habit of calling Thursday "Friday Eve"....    It drives me NUTS.

♥Surface of the Sun♥