Honored Contributor

Re: Talk about destroying Christmas

I will say that if you let anyone or anything destroy something that you love, you are giving them too much power over 'it' and you.

Please just change the channel and don't watch it.  That's what I do when it's on all day long.

Respected Contributor

Society has destroyed nothing about Christmas. You yourself have if you let it.  Christmas is what the individual makes it.  I love Christmas in July September and October.  I also love it during the other months. I don't consider the Christmas spirit, happiness and joy it brings confined to just one month.

Honored Contributor

It must be close to 20 years now that my family stoppped exchanging gifts - only things for the children ... and now the children are all in high school or about to go off to college!   No little ones around any longer.

I don't decorate because I'm never home.  We get together over the holdiays - bring dessert and wine to whomever is making dinner.

New Contributor

Loving everything about CIJ. Great distraction from all the negativity and mean-spirited people.
Esteemed Contributor

🏳️   TRUCE !

Honored Contributor

Wow!  Some of y'all ought to pin a note to your jammies to get up on the OTHER side of the bed in the morning!  Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@maximillian wrote:

QVC has a way of running an idea into the ground.  If an idea takes off, they just push it with more, more, more of the same.  IMO this is what has happened to Christmas in July.  Maybe a little programming would be tolerable, but I feel like so many-it is overdone.  I too am tired, sick of, fed up with QVC's Christmas in July.

@maximillian After your first sentence, it reminded me of when QVC was selling that druzy jewelry.  It was on constantly, all different configurations and colors of druzy.  Then it seemed like it stopped as soon as it started.

@Puppy Lips @maximillion yes, and you can add to that list bronzo (whatever that is made of), colors of gold, and black spinel. Ok...back to our regular programming--arguing over CIJ...

Esteemed Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Why would anyone let ‘society’ destroy anything for them? Please throw out all your Christmas junk you have collected over the years and just use a Nativity set at Christmas. And oh yes, take a trip to see the Holy Land so Christmas is not destroyed for you. Edited to add, only you can let yourself ‘be used’.

There is a Holy Land USA near Washington DC.. 

Nope, last time I checked there was no Holy Land inside the Beltway.....not that we could not use one these days.

I believe it is in Waterbury, CT.

There were a few replicas of the Holy Land in America. I visited this site in Virginia. I never knew psalm trees would grow outside in the DC area. 

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

I love Christmas. I don't love it being 'used' in July, September, and October.

Society has destroyed the real meaning of the holiday with it's massive consumerism. 

No thanks.

Ignore the snarky responses.

I never watch Christmas shows, no matter the month.  They are usually the same old, same old, or some variation of the same old, same old. We can't change it since retailers will do whatever it takes to make money, it's the nature of their business.  I just ignore Christmas in July, August, Sept, Oct, Nov.  And I barely recognize it in Dec.  

What I do like is our family gathering on Christmas Eve.  I come from a huge family and it's great to get together to talk, laugh and enjoy each other.  And I really enjoy Christmas Mass.  Stick with what you like and try to let the rest go.

Honored Contributor

so......on a more upbeat note......

for those of us who DO enjoy the christmas spirit and fun all year long, there is a qvc christmas group on facebook that was started by QVC. it is called CRAZY FOR CHRISTMAS. come on in and join the group!

as of right now there are 9685 members discussing traditions, products, gifts, decorating styles, christmas memories, and craft ideas.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein