Honored Contributor

Re: Talk about destroying Christmas

@Warrior2022 wrote:

@vermint wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

It really is GREED ,on the part of them doing this.

@goldensrbest  It is NOT greed for a business to try to make money! What the Q sells is, for the most part, not necessary to life...therefore, it's our choice to buy it or not. But they have every right to try to make a profit.

I get such a kick out of people that just can't grasp that the idea of a retail business is to make money.

Reposting!

👍👍👍💛👍👍👍

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

They keep pushing this junk, they keep selling it because , it seems people like throwing their money away, the profit they make with the mark up is a lot ,i call that greed.

A business has a right to make a profit.

If you were to run a business, you would want to make a profit too, or would you just give everything away for free?

As for people "throwing their money away on junk", I'm sure if people were to take a look around your home, they just might think the same thing about what you bought, that you threw your money away on junk.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

They keep pushing this junk, they keep selling it because , it seems people like throwing their money away, the profit they make with the mark up is a lot ,i call that greed.

@goldensrbest  I call that bad punctuation. You do realize thet criticizing a retail company for selling products is like criticizing a hospital for providing medical care. You call what they sell junk, yet you’re hanging around here.

I really do not buy much of that ,yes i have in the past bought a couple of things, this july christmas thing is just beyond me, so i do not watch.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

@RoughDraft  No Lie Woman LOLtenor.gif

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

For those feeling so deprived of Christmas, it is a great opportunity for you to catch up on some scripture reading , so turn off the TV, and  find out what Christmas is really about

---

I have found that I am able to do both scripture reading and TV watching (although not at the same time) without conflating the meanings or significance of the two.

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant 

If you don't want to participate in the commercialization of Christmas why would you watch a retailer selling commercial Chrismas items?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

That was a rather strong comment-"nonsense'.  Perhaps an opinion could have been phrased in a way that was not so dimissive?

Valued Contributor

Years ago I worked in big retail store and it was Christmas eve.  Woman came in and wanted to buy her husband a video camera and she wanted him to be able to use it in the am to film their daughters.  

Her credit card declined.  She yelled, she stomped her feet, called her CC company who told her she was over her limit.  I just stood there waiting for her to finish.  She called the poor CC rep everything but human and ended the call.  I thought oh boy, my turn.

Well it was my turn until she said, "You are ruining my whole Christmas!"  I cut her off and said "Ma'am, I understand how upset you are.  But you did tell me about your daughters and husband.  How can a video camera ruin your Christmas?"  She gave me a look and I was really afraid she was going to ask for my manager.  She didn't.

She actually started crying and told me she was sorry and said. "You are right.  I must sound so stupid.  I have a lot to be thankful for"  Then asked if she could hug me.

I hope she had a great holiday.

Honored Contributor

I 'think' I understand what the OP is trying to relay here.

But I will say to do what I try (keyword try) to do is "change the channel" and that way you can just ignore it.

I did get today the lit up wreath I bought.  I usually buy the live one Valerie sells.  I'll probably buy that too and just mail this lit up one to my daughter since she spends Christmas every year in some little town in Colorado where she knows it will snow.