Super Contributor

Re: Talk about destroying Christmas

Every year QVC pushes it earlier and earlier but this year takes the cake.  It is literally SIX MONTHS of Christmas anymore.  I LOVE Christmas, but by the time the season gets here I'd be sick to death of it if I watched their programming on a regular basis.  Fortunately I can change the channel.   And the outrageous shipping charges are the icing on the cake. 

Honored Contributor

And here I’ve been thinking that they’re actually airing fewer Christmas shows in July than in the past.

Now, the Hallmark Channel is a different story...

Honored Contributor

The people who constantly harp about what Q shows, are trying to control what  people are able to watch ,in my opinion

It is a favorite pastime on this board

Honored Contributor

I don’t know about “ destroying “ Christmas, but they sure have found a way to sell in the middle of summer. I’m not interested so I don’t watch.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

JUST CHANGE THE CHANNEL.

If someone is religious they know what Christmas is.

If you are not religious you can still have Christmas.

Either way it is joyous and is within your heart.

What about "A Christmas Carol", "Scrooge", would you stop the movie from being played.

CHANGE THE CHANNEL and let others enjoy.

FYI.....I do not do Christmas in way of decor etc..However you are entitled to your thoughts but am not in agreement.

Esteemed Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

Nonsense? You missed the concept of her post. Being “ used” just means the nonstop push of retailers for a holiday that is months away....and Q did not create the concept of CIJ...almost all retailers have jumped on the CIJ bandwagon...complete with Black Friday.

Some people only get paid once a month or every 2 weeks.  

Many years, my second paycheck of the month was paid after Christmas. 

Santa was still expected on Dec.25! 

I certainly understand shopping early and spacing out purchases.....starting in July! 

Respected Contributor

Isn't this topic old?  valentines are put out on Christmas eve and Easter eggs on new years day.  

Super Contributor

It seems every year the Christmas Season arrives earlier and earlier.  I wish it didn't start until after Thanksgiving.  Since it starts some time in October now, by the time it is actually Christmas I'm already tired of it and just glad to get it over and done.

I'm sure plenty of people are enjoying CiJ, but I've probably watched an hour total this entire month.  I'm quite sure the Q isn't missing my business.

Honored Contributor

especially the junk that QVC is selling.... who needs this stuff REALLY? 

Honored Contributor

I hate Christmas in July but I can understand QVC doing a 2 day event to sell holiday items.  However, the fact that they have had over 5 full days of Christmas in July, just on the main channel alone, is ridiculous to me.

However, nothing is ruined for me because I just don't watch.  Out of all the hours of holiday programming on QVC, Q2, HSN and Evine, I've seen a total of about 1 hour.  

I'm floored that QVC sells enough of this stuff to keep adding more days to the event.