Honored Contributor

talked with my mailman last week. he said the postal rates for mailing packages skyrocketed over the past couple weeks.

cost of mailing stamped enveloped also went up 50cents for each stamp used.

Honored Contributor

@makena.  Did you check online for a coupon for free shipping?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624wrote:

@makena.  Did you check online for a coupon for free shipping?

Nothing I've found works Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

@makena I think I would call them and see if they could give you a break. They seem to be what I would think is old school on their shipping. They go by the cost of the order which is really nuts. In a lot of cases if you bought two things there it would be $20 in shipping. No way!

Respected Contributor

Re: Talk about S&H fees.

[ Edited ]

@viva923wrote:

talked with my mailman last week. he said the postal rates for mailing packages skyrocketed over the past couple weeks.

cost of mailing stamped enveloped also went up 50cents for each stamp used.

@viva923 the cost to mail a 1st class letter envelope went up TO $.50, it didn't go up $.50. Missing the word TO is the difference between $.50 (what it costs to mail a letter) and $.99 (what the cost would be if the price went up $.50).

Honored Contributor

make sure to sign up for sundance emails. they often have 15% off or 20% off coupons or free shipping. those are the only times i will buy from them.

of course, if the pants are worth almost $150 ($130 plus $20) then purchase them. i always take the entire figure into account when buying online.....in other words, "if i saw these in the store for $150 would i buy them?)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor

@sunshine45wrote:

make sure to sign up for sundance emails. they often have 15% off or 20% off coupons or free shipping. those are the only times i will buy from them.

of course, if the pants are worth almost $150 ($130 plus $20) then purchase them. i always take the entire figure into account when buying online.....in other words, "if i saw these in the store for $150 would i buy them?)

Thats a good way to look at it @sunshine45. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@makenawrote:

In what world is $17.90 ok for shipping a pair of pants?  I've been searching for a nice pair of cargo pants, not ankle pants but full length pants, and finally found exactly what I wanted.  Question is, do I want them that bad.  I do, but I don't.  Argh!

@makena What if you have to return them? More postage. Just sayin’.