Honored Contributor

Re: Taking down the Christmas decorations

Around Epiphany or even later is when I take down the tree and pack things away. Were I to take them down the minute Christmas Day is over, I wouldn't bother to put them up.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Spurt  Shaking my head... Girl, you drank the Kool-Aid... You should have never gone down the VPH Christmas Tree path... Buy yourself a few strings of lights now that they're marked down... You can wind them around that tree next year...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Will leave up till after New Year's . Once the Christmas  season is here , I want to take plenty  of time to enjoy  all my special  decorations.

Super Contributor

Because of this crazy year and all the uncertanties I put my tree up in May! Lol my DH thought I lost my mind but I just wanted something pretty and bright esp in the evening. But seriously I turned the lights on all day everyday. I am probably putting it away tomorrow. Sad to see it go but need to clear up some space and find something else cheery. I did order a star/galaxy pattern light for the ceiling. My son bought each one of his kids one for their rooms and he face timed me yesterday to show me how pretty it is. I love the stars so this will probably be the next thing to drive my DH crazy!  Happy New Year to everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

@Infinite Mom 47 wrote:

@twinsister  My mom did that too.  Waited till January 6.  My sisters best friend took hers down while her 2 boys were still opening presents.  She put her tree up thanksgiving night, so she was already sick of it.  

@Infinite Mom 47  Your post struck me as so funny!  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt  Shaking my head... Girl, you drank the Kool-Aid... You should have never gone down the VPH Christmas Tree path... Buy yourself a few strings of lights now that they're marked down... You can wind them around that tree next year...

Smiley Wink

@stevieb 

Last year I searched locally for a 3 or 4.5 ft multi-color lighted tree for my bedroom, the only reason I went with VPH was because Iocally I couldn't find what I wanted---either the trees had only white lights, no lights, or the trees were downright pathetic looking....VPH's was nice and full and had multicolor lights...so I took my chance ..... and your right....shouldnt have...

And this year when the light strings went out one by one string I couldnt find a small replacement string of multi-color lights. Stores here had already started putting out spring and easter decor Woman Frustrated....After an exhaustive search in stores and on line all I could find was a 350 foot string of multi-color lights---too long for my 3 ft tree....so I have to wait until next year to get replacement lights Woman Frustrated  I learned my lesson the hard way.....  I saw someone left a not so complimentary comment on Valerie's Facebook Page about her trees ....  I did send her a private message of my own.....Woman Mad Live and learn......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I do a Christmas/Valentine's theme, so for me Feb. 15.

It seems about right in MI.

Esteemed Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

I'll take my tree down when the spirit moves me. Probably after NY. Right now, I'm still enjoying the lights too much to box it all up.

The Christmas wind-down, is the saddest part of the holiday for me.  So much preparation, and anticipation, for such a short period of time. 

@BlueFinch   Your second paragraph is how I feel about cooking!  LOL, but true. Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@twinsister,  my mother did the same, left them up till Twelfth Night. 

I used to do the same as she did, but I also now "phase" them out earlier.  Have wondered if it is because I start decorating for Christmas fairly early, and am ready for a change sooner?

Last night, late, I went on a tear, and packed away some of the more shiny, shimmery items, like my big glass bowl of ornaments, etc.  Still have the Nativity out (most important item of all), fresh wreath, my Valerie whitewashed Christmas birds, and plenty of other holiday reminders.  But I like the partially dismantled look, it fits with a more 'edited' style that I appreciate... 

Honored Contributor

I'd like to take my tree down, but, when your married the other wants it up till the 1st.............