Esteemed Contributor

Re: Taking down the Christmas decorations

@Bri369 wrote:

I don't have a set date to take anything down.

Due to having covid, I didn't get everything up anyway.  I love having the tree up and the lights, so I'm not really in a huge rush to get it down.  It's still the holidays, and I like to enjoy them.

@Bri369 

It's good to see you're feeling so much better!   I never got around to putting up the tree ... so I'm already ahead  ... Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

I don't have a set date to take anything down.

Due to having covid, I didn't get everything up anyway.  I love having the tree up and the lights, so I'm not really in a huge rush to get it down.  It's still the holidays, and I like to enjoy them.

@Bri369 

It's good to see you're feeling so much better!   I never got around to putting up the tree ... so I'm already ahead  ... Woman Wink

@SoX  Thank you!

It's a lot of work.  

Respected Contributor

I usually take mine down the weekend after New Year's Day but my oldest DD is moving from our home to an apartment in Washington DC to start her career on December 31 and since I hate taking all the ornaments off the tree and packing them away, I am hoping I can get both DDs to help and do it before my oldest moves. 

Honored Contributor

Just curious, I assume if live tree, it has to come down sooner...dries out, etc. Ours is a fake tree, comes apart and  has pre-lit LED  lights w/ a remote to change colors... Purchased it years ago. Guess why it stays up longer. 

Respected Contributor

My tree is taken down New Years day but all my other decor is taken down slowly right after Christmas Day.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I only hang two stockings. I put them away 6:30 this morning and I'm exhausted. 🤣

Trusted Contributor

I remove everything on January 1, always when watching the Rose Parade - it's a tradition. Well, since there is no parade this year it's going to feel weird! The company that installs my exterior holiday lights will remove them sometime within the first two weeks of January but I turn them off on January 1 as well.

I leave the battery-operated candles in the front windows for awhile longer - they are just so cheery and my neighbors love seeing them.

Respected Contributor

I decorate in a winter theme, snowflakes, cardinals, owls, glitter.  So not much that needs changing.seems like Christmas has been soooo long this year.  Radio has had Christmas songs on since Halloween.

Respected Contributor

Usually after New Years, though I'm kinda wanting to start early.  Not sure what I'll do.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Well one year I left my tree up until valentines. But most of the time it’s somewhere around New Years. I do hope people leave the outside lights up longer this year. I so enjoy lights in the winter months