Trusted Contributor

Freedom! When I go out to run errands-I've ditched the purse! I wear jeans-put the phone in one back pocket-my wallet in the other. It's a relief not to be lugging a purse around.

I see so many purses in unattended shopping carts, on the front seat of cars, and hanging off someone's arm-easy to snatch.

I don't miss all the, 'stuff' that was in my purse. Now, I bring a purse on more formal events, but for short errands-Try leaving it at home!

Honored Contributor

Re: Taking a handbag vs. not

That's why I use crossbody bags when I'm out running around. 

I can't carry my phone, wallet and keys in my hand.

Respected Contributor

No way could I do that....this is me....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TL7LaxyYz4

Honored Contributor

I have been doing that for years now and so love it.

A few more pockets to hold things in the winter between sweatpants and my jacket.  But as long as I have one for phone and keys and my sunglasses get slipped on the collar of my shirt if I need to take them off.  Then just my wallet in my hand. 

So freeing.  Add lack of make-up and that is my week-end!!   Have fun shopping or running those errands with a spring in your step!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

I have my keys on a caribeener, (sp.) clip and hook them to my belt loop. Men can manage without a purse-So can I!

Honored Contributor

Nope, I gotta carry a purse. I need to keep my medical supplies in it. Even if I didn't have to carry all this stuff with me I enjoy carrying a purse. I love looking like a full fledged girl. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Just last week I was in a checkout line in a dept. store.  I was behind a mother and daughter: as the young woman was dealing with a charge slip, I noticed her cross body bag under her arm had the zipper open and exposed the edge of her credit cards.

When she finished, I excused myself and told her that it would be very easy for a crook to reach in and slip out her credit cards.  Her mother thanked me for telling the daughter this as it reinforced what she had told her many times.

Kicker:  the cashier told us how others had had things stolen while they were in her checkout station.

You really need to be aware of how vulnerable you are and take steps to minimize the exposure:  close handbags, hold under arm, keep with you, take extra purchases to car trunk, have coupons organized and clipped together so you do not have to root around in purse or pockets.  Keep alert and safe.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

i cannot do that. i like my pets! (purses)

if i do anything out of the ordinary like no purse but only carry wallet, phone, keys i lose one of them.

i don't have pants with back pockets!

Trusted Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Nope, I gotta carry a purse. I need to keep my medical supplies in it. Even if I didn't have to carry all this stuff with me I enjoy carrying a purse. I love looking like a full fledged girl. Woman Happy

No one has ever thought I was not a 'full-fledged' woman because of a purse! LOL!

Honored Contributor

I use a small crossbody bag only.