Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

Why didn't they tell airport authorities they had their dogs with them?  I understand the need to have your pet's vaccinations up to date and having proof of that. The possible fine and jail time seem extreme to me. 

We don't take our dog on vacation, because we don't want to leave her alone while we are out sightseeing or eating dinner.  I think she would be ok, but you never know how an animal might react to a strange environment.  What really scares me is putting my dog in the cargo hold of an airplane.  I have heard so many horror stories about things that have happened that I have never and would never risk doing that.

I would NEVER put my dog in the cargo hold of an airplane.  I have a friend who is an airline mechanic with a major airline.  He has told me some stories, none of which are good and told me 15+ years ago not to ever do that. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because profanity was used.

Respected Contributor

In Australia "land dwelling animals" are free from rabies but rabies is still found in bats. Three people contracted rabies in Queensland after being scratched by bats and all died.

Not sure why Depp and his wife simply didn't leave their pups at home. And if they didn't trust a dog sitter Heard could have stayed behind. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Contributor

I travel a ton.  Sometimes, I do take my cat -- including plane trips.  I pay for first class so that I am comfortable and I can easily put the cat carrier under the seat.  I have also traveled internationally with her.  Whether in the U.S. or outside the States I follow the rules It is my job, as a pet owner, to research and follow them.  These two entitled idiots seem to think they are above the law.  They have assistants that could research this if they personally do not have time.  They also have plenty of resources to leave them at home with a pet sitter if needed.  There is no excuse for this kind of arrogance.  Practically, I am sure they could care less about any charges. They are RICH, will pay the fines and move on from it all. They are fortunate they were allowed to get the animals back immediately. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Taking Pets on Vacation

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

He and his wife are just rich Americans who think they are entitled.

They should be embarassed and ashamed. It wouldn't be upset if they were arrested and jailed and fined.

DITTO.

Honored Contributor

Where have I been living?  The more startling thing to me is that Depp married Amber Heard.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor
I'm sure the people in Australia would be broken hearted if Amber Heard followed through on her threat and never returned.

The reason they tried to sneak the dogs in is that they'd be quarantined.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment