Re: Tables reserved for '13 Brave Fallen Soldiers'

@JamandBread wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

I think the tributes are lovely. What is even better is that no more troops will be killed in Afghanistan again. 

Just wish the same could be said for all those abandoned 😔 

There are no troops abandoned there. The military operation has ended and all troops are out. Hopefully never to risk their lives in Afghanistan again.

Mitary operations rely heavily on local support and staff to be safe and successful.  If you feel no loyalty for those that have been employees, collaborators and friends to our soldiers, well so be it.  I am sick as to what they will now face having been abandoned.

War is not pretty. We cannot save an entire population. We couldn't do it in 20 years and over 2000 American lives. The option was to leave our troops in, exposed to being blown up. If you care about our troops, you want them home. Pick your poison.

Why would another nation now befriend our troops?  Thankfully our troops do not feel the way you do.  They understand the need to work together and protect eachother, it is called trust.  

No idea what this means, but ok.

I'm sure the troops are happy to not have to do a third tour of duty, risking their lives in a war that should have ended 15 years ago. 

@JamandBread wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

I think the tributes are lovely. What is even better is that no more troops will be killed in Afghanistan again. 

There are no troops abandoned there. The military operation has ended and all troops are out. Hopefully never to risk their lives in Afghanistan again.

Mitary operations rely heavily on local support and staff to be safe and successful.  If you feel no loyalty for those that have been employees, collaborators and friends to our soldiers, well so be it.  I am sick as to what they will now face having been abandoned.

War is not pretty. We cannot save an entire population. We couldn't do it in 20 years and over 2000 American lives. The option was to leave our troops in, exposed to being blown up. If you care about our troops, you want them home. Pick your poison.

Why would another nation now befriend our troops?  Thankfully our troops do not feel the way you do.  They understand the need to work together and protect eachother, it is called trust.  

I'm sure the troops are happy to not have to do a third tour of duty, risking their lives in a war that should have ended 15 years ago. 

I wonder why it wasn't stopped from 2008 to 2016--somewhere in that 8 year time frame.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JamandBread wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

All the money that was spent in 20 yrs., lives lost ,and also all the machines ,all all we left there! All of this bothers me.

Should we continue to spend money there? The machinery belonged to the Afghan government. We supplied it. I read and heard we've disabled the majority of planes, tanks, etc. 

@JamandBread   Not the whole picture.  They have still seized a sizable arsenal of our weapons from rifles to military vehicles.

Also the idea of the  Afghanistan gov't. does not exist anymore.  The new gov't, now has those items.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
QVC Customer Care

Trusted Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

I wonder why it wasn't stopped from 2008 to 2016--somewhere in that 8 year time frame.

Or the 2016 to 2020 time frame.

QVC Customer Care

This thread is colosed for any further commenting