Honored Contributor

I just checked out GET TV on Ch 207, it is all old movies, usually a different theme or star is featured each day, thanks for the info on it. I love old movies.

Trusted Contributor
On 11/25/2014 Shelbelle said:

A movie was made in 2002 on the story of Bob Crane and his less than savory lifestyle. It is called Auto Focus starred Greg Kinnear, I saw it recently on one of the cable channels, it was quite interesting and well done. Crane was found murdered in a hotel room.

One of Crane's sons says that movie was largely untrue and that while he always a womanizer, he was never into BDSM. Even if he was, it's still his private life and no one's business if it's between consenting adults.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Super Contributor

A movie was made in 2002 on the story of Bob Crane and his less than savory lifestyle. It is called Auto Focus starred Greg Kinnear, I saw it recently on one of the cable channels, it was quite interesting and well done. Crane was found murdered in a hotel room.

I agree, this was an excellent film. But I think it's unfair to compare Cosby to Crane. One was an unsavory s*e*x addict who participated in kinky s*e*x with willing partners, and the other is an accused rapist of multiple women.

This is in no argument to your post, Shelbelle. I'm just commenting in general. Smile

Super Contributor
On 11/25/2014 adelle38 said:

One of Crane's sons says that movie was largely untrue and that while he always a womanizer, he was never into BDSM. Even if he was, it's still his private life and no one's business if it's between consenting adults.

This is how I feel, as well. Comparing him to Cosby is a little ridiculous.

Esteemed Contributor
O,Tilley,s killing Jesus was good also. The back of book tells all the references and information. It is not a religious book, but history.
Honored Contributor

I think I may have seen this but I cannot remember so I searched it on TV and found that it's airing a few times coming up on a channel called IndieHD. Didn't even know about this channel but it's on my Tivo guide so I'm going to record one of the airings and check it out. Kinnear's a good actor!

Thank You!

Honored Contributor
On 11/25/2014 Colonel Meow said:
On 11/25/2014 adelle38 said:

This is how I feel, as well. Comparing him to Cosby is a little ridiculous.

Yes, all of this. The poster, way up thread, who brought up Bob Crane in the same light as Cosby was way off base.

I cannot help wondering that, even if Crane was into BDSM, his son probably wouldn't even know about it. Whose kids know ALL about their parents' s x life anyway, eh? Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor
On 11/25/2014 qvcaddition said: O,Tilley,s killing Jesus was good also. The back of book tells all the references and information. It is not a religious book, but history.
An author's affirmation that h/h work is "history" reflects the author's POV about h/h own work. It does not mean that the author's comment, or his writing are actually factual, and opinions from relatively objective scholars have varied widely.