Super Contributor

Pandamec--snow storm after snow storm...I find I dont, yes even cant watch shows that are based on the "Lesser" side of human nature.

SVU, true crime, and even political news (lol). I want to be uplifted, made joyful, my soul enriched.

Anyone else feel this way?

It seems it is to easy for film makers to tell a dark story, full of violence or crazy special effets.  Where are the human stories. Im not looking for pollyanna....just the more positive side of us humans

Honored Contributor

Re: TV --my world is changing

@ProudMa I can understand what you are saying.  Yes, tv doesn't have much appeal for us now. 

And sort of on the flip side, the "news" shows are about half Pollyanna pieces that frankly I'm over seeing so much of this. 

I wish the "news" had news that people can use.  I need information more than I need cute stories. 

Ok, complaining over for now!  Woman Wink

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

My husband and I canceled our television connection.  We are able to receive our local channels for important information like cancellations and weather with a digital antennae.  The antennae provides 54 channels.   The antennae is only for local things.  Mostly, we watch You Tube channels. I am amazed at how much we enjoy it.  We find things we are interested in, by people who do not offend us.  We are able to watch hundreds of old movies and TV series.  There are also many recent shows on You Tube also.   We can listen to music performances.   We find people and programs with like values.   My husband likes building and construction.  I enjoy homemaking, cooking, and gardening.  The very best part is once you buy the device necessary to hook your television up to the internet, there is no more expense.  We paid about $40 for our Fire Stick.  We could not be happier.  The switch has been great.

Respected Contributor

I still have and love Comcast. I try to stay away from so many national news station...just once in awhile
..too depressing. I do watch my local news. I try to watch upbeat movies and I love watching Young Sheldon. Me Maw and Missy ...2 peas in a pod
..crack me up. And goodness gracious do we ever need some laughter everyday.
Respected Contributor

We don't watch much network TV - only Bull on CBS because my DH likes it for some reason. But it just annoys me no end that the characters wear masks about half the time. Geez. I watch TV to get away from reality.

Honored Contributor

I don't know about anyone else but seeing that vaccination needle getting poked into peoples' arms evey time I turn on my TV is getting old. I don't like seeing that all the time or even at all. 
Why do they have to show that kind of thing on TV? Makes me cringe.

Honored Contributor

As far as I can tell, commercial TV is pure garbage any more. I get by with PBS (and its streaming channel) and various offerings on Roku.

Honored Contributor

Comedies are so crude. Dramas and medical shows are filled with gore. Game shows have annoying contestants. News is biased and depressing. Soap operas are ridiculous. I get the most satisfaction watching retro shows. Tonight I had the Flintstones on!

Honored Contributor

I like "Bob Hearts Abishola" on CBS.  It's light entertainment and what I enjoy right now.

Esteemed Contributor

I've shut it all off. 

Starve the beast. 

I'm still WFH. I put my Bose in the living room with some quiet cd's in the background. Real cd's I actually own, bought on ebay. 

News and weather I read online at the end of my workday.