Trusted Contributor

I had been wanting to do this just as an experiment, so tonight I sat there and counted the commercials that ran during a 30 minute episode of The Bigh Bang.

I only counted those that took place during the breaks after the episode started, and up until just before the final scene.

I counted 24 commercials!  Woman Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

@madzonie wrote:

I had been wanting to do this just as an experiment, so tonight I sat there and counted the commercials that ran during a 30 minute episode of The Bigh Bang.

I only counted those that took place during the breaks after the episode started, and up until just before the final scene.

That is why when you DVR or TiVo an hour show you can watch that same show in 32 minutes. Fast forward past the commercials and watch more shows in less time. Unless of course you like watching/counting and timing the commercials.

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

And the closer we get to election time, the more there will be ...

~~ Good enough is good enough ~~
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@madzonie wrote:

That is why when you DVR or TiVo an hour show you can watch that same show in 32 minutes. Fast forward past the commercials and watch more shows in less time. Unless of course you like watching/counting and timing the commercials.

Yep, can't watch tv without my TiVo anymore!  24 commercials is just too much for my impatient self!😂

Honored Contributor

Thank goodness for Tivo, eh?  Smiley Happy

In an hour you can watch an hour show AND a half hour show.  In two hours you can watch about 3 hours of programming (except for Premium cable shows of course).

When I had to sit through commercial segments I would end up either just phasing out or I'd get up and do something else, then forget to go back to the show.

Plus, they used to make the commercials much louder than the rest of programming and that drove me up a tree, from a sensory POV.  Glad they had to stop that nonsense!

Honored Contributor

That's why I like QVC -- no commercials.  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

While my TV is usually on for background noise, I DVR most of the shows I actually watch. I love a good, clever commercial--but they are few and far between!

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

That's why I like QVC -- no commercials.  Smiley Wink

QVC is just one LONG commercial- all the shopping channels are!