Respected Contributor

Do you watch TV during a meal?  I could do without but hubby likes to catch the news...I suppose I could change meal time but I do not want to eat really early!

Respected Contributor

No. We talk to each other and complement our efforts in preparing the meal. We record anything we might want to see on TV and watch it later.

Respected Contributor
Yes, I watch television when I eat unless of course I go to a restaurant.
Honored Contributor

yes. 

if we are eating together then we are either watching national or local news OR jeopardy/wheel of fortune. it still allows us to talk.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: TV and meals

[ Edited ]

We don't have a TV in the kitchen, but the local/national news is often on in the living room. We don't make a point of watching it while eating. During important football or baseball games, I'll sometimes prepare a snack tray for us to eat in front of the TV.

Honored Contributor

Sometimes but it's not a regular occurrence. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes. That's why we built our open concept home so we could do it.  We eat lunch at Noon and that's when our favorite News station comes on.  We have all day to talk to each other and  dance away the day and night before we go to bed.  Retirement is the best job in the world.

Glenda

Honored Contributor

I live alone so the tv is definitely on when I eat and if it's not, I play on my iPad while I eat.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

We do.  Our "supper table" is the coffee table.  Try as I might to get my husband to sit at the real supper table to eat, he prefers sitting on the couch using the coffee table so we can watch TV while we eat.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

No. Something we've never started. 

I can't imagine what programming is on at any mealtime that's so important.