Honored Contributor

Re: TURKEY NECK /FLAB : WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO IMPROVE

@blackhole99 wrote:

At 67, I think I still look good in my clothes, but I wouldn't worry about looks so much.Nobody but you and other older people care what you look like.

@blackhole99. Other older women are not fond of their necks either. I don’t think anyone is as conscious of it as each person. I don’t look at how other faces my age are looking...why bother?

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

I could stand to have a lot of work done but I'm most self-conscience about my brown neck.   it's not the kind of discoloration you see with people who are obese, it's like a liver spot, but it's not a spot.

My mother had the same thing, by the time she passed her neck was almost completely black.

@softwareHuh? I’ve never heard of that.

Honored Contributor

On my bucket list I have Veneers first.  I need a smile upgrade! It will cost about $8000 to fix my smile. So I will do that here soon.

Esteemed Contributor

My waist and memory. Dont think things will never be the same with either, but I do remind myself that it could be worse.

Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

At 67, I think I still look good in my clothes, but I wouldn't worry about looks so much.Nobody but you and other older people care what you look like.

@blackhole99 Perfect answer!  We're the same age and I look ok in my clothes. At 67 I try to keep myself up.  I don't agonize over aging,alot of people aren't given the privilege. And the older you get,the less people notice you at all.  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@Beautiful life@MoJoV@happycat@SeaMaiden@Shanus

If you will, please, ask your plastic surgeon friend about Kybella, a fat dissolving shot used mostly underneath the chin?

i have a derm appt but it is in August before I can ask. Thx

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

On my bucket list I have Veneers first.  I need a smile upgrade! It will cost about $8000 to fix my smile. So I will do that here soon.

@SeaMaiden  That much $? Prices sure went up! I had braces as an adult about 20 yrs. ago & the brackets left marks on my teeth. I did all teeth, top & bottom, until the molars about 10 yrs. ago before son’s wedding. My luck, I have a broad smile, or the cosmetic dentist could have done less veneers. 

I’m a big 🐓at the dentist & had IV sedation. It took 6 hrs. for the 1st appt. to grind down, prep and make molds of my teeth, make temps & cement them on. 2nd appt. knocked out again to take temps off & cement veneers on, drill/file/polish, etc. for correct bite. Still don’t know how I did it, but love the result.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Beautiful life@MoJoV@happycat@SeaMaiden@Shanus

If you will, please, ask your plastic surgeon friend about Kybella, a fat dissolving shot used mostly underneath the chin?

i have a derm appt but it is in August before I can ask. Thx

@LTT1  I’m a step ahead of you. I already asked him. Yes, it will remove fat cells, but the result is yet looser skin w/o the fat in that area. Not an option....only good for young women w/ double chin whose skin is still very elastic. Oh cwap!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden.  Apologize if I scared you out of doing it. You’ll love the results.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@SeaMaiden.  Apologize if I scared you out of doing it. You’ll love the results.

Good Morning Shanus!... no I know what it takes to get a new smile.  Thankfully I have no fear of the dentist or dental work.  And I bet you do have a lovely smile. How nice!!!  I just feel like my smile is old  looking with my worn out teeth.... at 62.  I am saving up for having it done and will look into it in the coming year.  Thanks for sharing your story! Have a great day today Smiley Happy