Esteemed Contributor

Re: TURKEY NECK /FLAB : WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO IMPROVE

In a perfect world, I'd like to be thinner, get rid of my turkey neck, get new hips (already have new knees), have a better attitude, etc.

In my real world, I will live with what I have.  Fighting cancer has given me a whole new outlook on things.  Yes, I certainly would love to look better, but, in reality, I am still here to live another day.  Most of my hair has come back.  I am thankful for the little things.  

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter@Beautiful life@grandma r@GingerPeach@AuntG

Kybella for neck improvement...an injection that “dissolves fat”

Anyone know about this?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I could stand to have a lot of work done but I'm most self-conscience about my brown neck.   it's not the kind of discoloration you see with people who are obese, it's like a liver spot, but it's not a spot.

My mother had the same thing, by the time she passed her neck was almost completely black.

Honored Contributor

At 67, I think I still look good in my clothes, but I wouldn't worry about looks so much.Nobody but you and other older people care what you look like.

Respected Contributor

I would love to lose the turkey neck!  God created scarves and turtle neck sweaters to hide that;  look at older news casters in your local area!  They wear scarves in almost every broadcast.  The big network women news reporters get plastic surgery!   Other than that, I can't complain.  Weight is good, no major health issues! 😎

Esteemed Contributor

@this is my nic  I think scarves are ugly except in the coldest winter months. Leah wears them and they make her appear heavier. She's much more attractive without them. Now that she's loosing weight, I hope she looses those scarves also! (I have no idea if a turkey neck is why she has worn them for so many years, but I'm so sick of them on her!)

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@Beautiful life

I don't have a turkey neck/at 5'8" weigh 138#/no flabby arms/tight and strong Ab muscles/strong, solid quad muscles(thighs). Overall, I am happy with my body and am not seeking to improve any part of it. My main interests in my body are keeping it as healthy and physically fit as possible, right now that involves only "retaining", not improving it.

Now 18 months ago I would have had several things I longed to improve. Unfortunately 1 health event after another prevented me from doing so. Right now it is vastly different, but it took lots of hard work.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

Oh forgot: thinning hair

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Re: Turkey neck. So far, there is not just a neck lift 😢. I spoke to my plastic surgeon friend about it. If it was an easy day surgery, no big deal and no scars or down time, maybe in a few years, I’d think about it.

He said a lower facelift is required. Surgical scars (but will lighten & heal over time) from cutting above & in front of ears going under lobes & behind ears. Skin is re-draped & pulled, repositioned from mid-face and down to neck. His explanation is just doing neck w/o mid-face leaves neck just looking “done” since by the time neck slackens, so does jowel area & jawline. He only does both. It lasts 5-8 yrs. since there’s so much movement of the neck...usually 6 yrs. for neck & face longer. He’s seen necks loosen younger because of computer use & texting...looking down more than before. Great!?!?!?

It is major surgery. Full anesthesia, 3-5 wks. average recovery with bruising/swelling and reddish scars. Staples removed by day 3. Staples? 😧 By week 4, concealer may cover enough to go out. Pressure bandage around head to under neck worn 24/7 first 3 wks. to keep skin tight while healing. In NC, $18,000-$22,000 because most women, as long as they’re “under”, get their eyes done, as well. OMG.

He was funny when he said he told his wife (my girlfriend, who also bi*tches about her neck, but afraid to do surgery, she’s only 59) to lift laptop/IPad to desk height so not always looking down, wear v-necks or scoop necks and no crew necks, and longer length necklaces. Short necklaces & higher necklines draw more attention to that neck area. Going and losing weight and gaining weight in any area causing skin to stretch and after age 35, elasticity is less. Good pointers....from a man, too.

After leaving his office with my info sheet, including post op recovery instructions and the cleaning of drains (drains? 😩), it’s a big NO for me. I’m not THAT vain to go through all that and I’m also not willing to spend that kind of money  in the name of vanity when everyone else my age has some problem w/ the neck area. Some worse than others. 

My hair is white & 70 is weeks away. I’m joining the ranks. I’ll just think of my neck as my badge of courage...or right of passage. 

Respected Contributor

Neck - SKINN neck armore cream. Works wonders, seriously love it.

Upper arm firmness. Still working on that one.... hand weights (which as I write this I can not find), so water filled screw on lid milk jugs it is!! (Because those weights are around here somewhere (I mean, come on, how can one lose a set of hand weights??) and I refuse to buy any more.

And, tummy firmness. Well, I do believe mine is too far gone not unless I worked out 24/7 just for my stomach alone and I just do not see that happening now or in the future quite honestly. Got to keep on top of those pregnancies and weight loss/weight gain cycles as they happen, total havoc for the tummy!! Hind sight talking here...

-Texas Hill Country-