Respected Contributor

Re: TURKEY NECK /FLAB : WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO IMPROVE

My eyebrows; I count count on my fingers the number of hairs in them. 

I'm not a candidate for tattooing as I had a basal cell carcinoma removed from one.

Honored Contributor

Can you improve height? No high heels, please, but would love to be about 5” taller. 

Esteemed Contributor

At age 70, I'm fine with who I am.....I'd rather not have the crepy thighs, but I think it is what it is. Weight is not a problem for me, but over the years I learned that the best way to lose it is to eat smaller portions and cut out fried foods - use a salad plate instead of a dinner plate, take a brisk, long walk (1/2 mile to a mile) several times a week at least, and every day do some exercises that work (rowing machine, sit-ups, crunches, etc). I'm not sure a vibrating machine does much, but maybe I'm thinking of the wrong thing!

Respected Contributor

My health, my belly, neck flab........

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Still taking ballet lessons. Cannot fathom why it's taking so long to become the graceful dancer of my teens and early twenties! Yes, I'm unsteady more than expected; but the lessons have been the stress reduction necessary following years of mom's illness. Didn't realize how much that impacted my own health. It's time to pamper me! Great joy and relaxation techniques along with a few falls along the way. Isn't that what life is all about?   

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

My health, especially my pain, my belly, my baldness, neck flab............

I’ve accepted it all, the pain part is the hardest. Dh says I’m beautiful, I have much to be grateful for.

Honored Contributor

Belly fat, cellulite, upper arm flab. Over the last three plus years I lost 10-15 lbs at different points due to stress, and I looked so much better. The stress was awful so was the situation. But I did prefer how I looked and felt at the lower weight.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

Image result for attitude of gratitude meme

Honored Contributor

Flabby arms and thighs can be concealed by clothing. The turkey neck is the most noticeable - I see it on the older TV stars that have had facelifts, but the neck looks bad. As for me, losing weight would be the change I can make. The rest I'll have to accept.

Honored Contributor

I am reminded of how Anne McCaffrey, late beloved author of Dragonflight, White Dragon, and many others, described herself:

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.