Honored Contributor

My DH gave me the single one of these many years ago and I have to say it is the best product of all time for a jewelry collector. I have tons of silver in mine - it totally is tarnish free AS LONG AS YOU LOCK THE DOOR EVERY TIME. Common sense would tell anyone that if you don't close it that air will get in and cause tarnish. It makes me crazy when people review these and say they aren't tarnish proof because they are too lazy to close the door and keep the air out -DUH. Actually, mine is hung on the wall - for that reason I do prefer the single sided one over this double sided spinning one. And there is also the aspect of having a beautiful full length mirror.

I am watching the presentation on air and DH asked if I wanted the new one today - I said no - I am completely satisfied with the one I have.

Trusted Contributor

I am NOT too lazy to lock the door on mine. I put in clean silver pieces, several of which I rarely used. In fact, I probably only open the thing about once a month. Within 2 years, many were tarnished. My mirror also slightly fogged. DUH!

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Respected Contributor

I did lock the door on mine....each and every time and my silver DID TARNISH.

I also lost two bracelets ...expensive Roberto Coin bracelets because they hit something when I gently closed the door.You also have to bend some earrings to get them to stay on the earring holders.

I think if you want to store costume jewelry in it...fine. However, very fine jewelry should never be "displayed" in a jewelry box where thieves know exactly where to look. That happened to me many years ago and it was like an invitation to be robbed.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Trusted Contributor

I got the original anti tarnish armoire on QVC. It was made by Thomas Pacconi and after 15 years it's still keeping my jewelry tarnish free and it's a lovely piece of furniture. I really miss the Thomas Pacconi line.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Respected Contributor

I have the Pacconi armoire and it is excellent. I store gold in it, though, not silver.

My silver is in tarnish-proof containers of various sorts. I have to clean it several times a year, but I enjoy cleaning jewelry.

I wish his company were still bringing products to the Q.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I think it looks nice but I think its over priced. Also I don't have NEAR that much jewelry!..lol.. So to me it would be useless. Glad you enjoy yours!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Occasional Contributor

Very over priced for veneer and fake wood. The only thing that is real wood are the legs.

Respected Contributor
On 11/14/2014 happy housewife said:

My DH gave me the single one of these many years ago and I have to say it is the best product of all time for a jewelry collector. I have tons of silver in mine - it totally is tarnish free AS LONG AS YOU LOCK THE DOOR EVERY TIME. Common sense would tell anyone that if you don't close it that air will get in and cause tarnish. It makes me crazy when people review these and say they aren't tarnish proof because they are too lazy to close the door and keep the air out -DUH. Actually, mine is hung on the wall - for that reason I do prefer the single sided one over this double sided spinning one. And there is also the aspect of having a beautiful full length mirror.

I am watching the presentation on air and DH asked if I wanted the new one today - I said no - I am completely satisfied with the one I have.

DH asked me if I wanted this new one also. I have one that hangs over the door, not this one but a different brand. It was an excellent price and the quality is good...I prefer it to the floor model....I like that it doesn't look like a jewelry cabinet, just a mirror. The two sided TSV has lots of room but I'd rather not have one that sits on the floor.
Valued Contributor
On 11/14/2014 Burnsite said:

I have the Pacconi armoire and it is excellent. I store gold in it, though, not silver.

My silver is in tarnish-proof containers of various sorts. I have to clean it several times a year, but I enjoy cleaning jewelry.

I wish his company were still bringing products to the Q.

I have the same one. I don't care for the TSV.

Honored Contributor

I got curious and had to look. Man, this seems terribly over-priced to be some kind of 'special' deal!

I also have something very similar that not only looks a lot better and more durable, but it would not have cost anywhere near this much.

I don't do silver, so I don't care about the anti-tarnish thing, anyway, but you can buy those little pieces of paper (for like almost nothing for a lifetime supply of them!) for that purpose anyway.