Respected Contributor

Re: TSV is so ridiculous looking!

@ValuSkr wrote:

You're talking about the Comfy sweatshirt-blanket?  I think it would keep me warm, and I'd even use the hood as I keep the thermostat set as low as possible in winter.  But it looks like hand-me-downs from a 300 lb man, and I know it's not supposed to be a fashion statement, but I think self-respect would prevent me from wearing one. A regular sweatshirt + blanket will suffice.

@ValuSkr Lol, and I agree. I tuned in just as the TSV day was ending and the host said they sold 150,000. Astounding!

Honored Contributor

I saw the Shark Tank episode when the owners talked about how much money they had made and how well it sold prior to getting a "shark" to invest in them.

I think Barbara Corcoran is one of the best "sharks" on the program and she has made the two brothers millionaires, so evidently those of you who are laughing at how it looks are in the minority, right? The brothers are the ones who are laughing.......all the way to the bank!

One never knows what will sell and obviously this product serves a need with consumers because they sold out the first time they were on QVC. I didn't watch the last presentation, so I don't know if they sold out again.

Honored Contributor

I agree with everyone who said that it looks just silly but whatever....if you love it enjoy.i have to admit that I laughed and thought it wouldn’t sell but that is why I am not a millionaire....I was shocked at how many sold also shocked more when one lady called in and admitted to buying 16.

Respected Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

You cannot be serious. Wouldn't put that on IF YOU PAID ME!

Spoiler
Spoiler
Smiley LOL

I have a niece who lives in an old house,  and in the country which is heated by oil. Her tank gets down and sometimes she can't get the tank filled for 2 or 3 days, so has to wear winter clothes to keep warm. She also has to walk a long distance to the road to get her mail. I bought her one of these, and thought it was a great gift. She loves it. I live in the city with a gas furnace, never have a problem, but not everyone is fortunate. 

Respected Contributor

To me...it looks like...

WHY CAN"T I THINK OF SOMETHING LIKE THAT AND MAKE MILLIONS!!!!?!?!??!?!?

On the later show they said they sold upwards of 120,000 or thereabouts.....X 35.00 =

$4,200,000 dollars !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I think they're clever and useful for those really chilly winter nights watching TV or something.  Clearly most people aren't going to wear the thing out of the house.  IMO those fleece throws we all have are kind of hard to wrap yourself in when you're cold.

Honored Contributor

Well, I guess I am in the vast minority...I think it is a GREAT idea!

It isn't MEANT to be a fashion statement...it is meant to keep you warm.

I wish they would have invented this YEARS ago when I was freezing my butt off watching my husband coach football in freezing WNY and then watching my kids play for years and years! 

I would have been the SMARTEST wife/mom in the bleachers!

In the presentation with Shawn, they mentioned the 'future' ideas coming such as NFL logos etc.  Anyone with season tickets, in cold weather stadiums should GET one of these!

Good for them, wish them TONS of success!

Honored Contributor

I saw that TSV ad the first thing that came to mind is that I'd never live in a cold weather climate again in a house that didn't have at least TWO fireplaces!  

Honored Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@barrel racer wrote:
I like it and ordered two. I find it better looking than Linea or QF stuff. I live where it snows and our electric frequently goes out. I plan to wear it to the Christmas Light parade instead of taking a blanket. Over 100,000 have been sold on QVC and it’s the hottest thing on the internet and instagram.

I would love to see a source for this information.  It's nothing more than sales-speak.  I understand that some people like it, but let's not get carried away!

@NYC Susan, I participate in Instagram and I've not seen this brought up by anyone I follow nor have I even seen an ad for this.

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I think they're clever and useful for those really chilly winter nights watching TV or something.  Clearly most people aren't going to wear the thing out of the house.  IMO those fleece throws we all have are kind of hard to wrap yourself in when you're cold.

While fleece throws certainly have their place my complaint is sitting reading or watching TV snuggled under a throw then having to take it off to get up for a bathroom run, trip to the kitchen or to let the dogs out.  With the Comfy the warmth comes with me and when I return to my seat there is no fussing to get the throw just right.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.