Esteemed Contributor

Re: TOILET PAPER ?????

[ Edited ]

A few days ago the only TP they had at my local Stop & Shop was single rolls of Kleenex brand. Well I'd never seen Kleenex brand before so picked up to two rolls just to see how it is. I didn't realize till I got home that aside from Kleenex Mega Jumbo everything else on the rolls is in Spanish including the words Hecho En Mexico Por: Kinberly-Clark and a bunch of other stuff. Bottom Line, the wrapper is a pretty print but if you see it don't let that and the name Kleenex fool you...what a cheesy toilet paper this is.

Respected Contributor
We have had good luck around here. I am stocked up and bought a big case at Sam's not too long ago. I have seen in the stores as well. Just have to hit it at the right time. Hope you can find some soon. Maybe you have a neighbor who goes and shops that could pick you up some. We do things for our neighbor who stays put. I work so I am well covered when I do.
Honored Contributor

My local Costco had PLENTY of tp. We got a pack even though I didn't really need it but I'm all set for the next year! They had plenty of Clorox wipes too. Love my Costco! Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

Maybe it depends on your area, but in Chicago all stores have a limit on the number of units of toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenex, bleach and other disinfectants you can buy at one time.  The first couple of weeks before the stores implemented the quanity limits the shelves were empty (mostly due to some people buying too much), but afterward your first choice may not be available on a given day, but you won't leave empty handed.  

@fortune  Have you tried the hardward stores?  Ace and True Value, as well as big box hardware stores like Menard's and Home Depot sell toilet paper. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: TOILET PAPER ?????

[ Edited ]

Someone mentioned the online store, boxed dot com, and I was able to get some toilet paper there. I'm in a situation where I can't go out.  I order groceries online, but the TP is always sold out.  I've checked online at every place imaginable and it's either sold out or not available to ship.  I was getting worried but found some a couple of days ago at the above-mentioned store.  Only one pack per person.  At the time it was a package of Charmin mega rolls (6 rolls).  I was also able to get some other hard to find items. 

Respected Contributor

Boxed.com has Charmin now 24 mega rolls for $27.99. they also have the paper masks.  If it is your first time ordering I think they don't charge a shipping fee. Otherwise were I live it is $4.99 delivery fee. But this company is great. Fast shipping and they let you know when your box is sent and they even send you a picture of your box. Someone on this board recommended it and I have used it for paper goods and to stock up on other supplies. I've found their band of sanitizer wipes and hand sanitizer. But they don't have these items now. You need to check all of the web sites early in the morning. 

Honored Contributor

@fortune 

I was having a lot of problems, also.  You said no grocery trips for you.  I was going to suggest to go to Walmart on Tuesday morning --- early --- on their senior early open hour -- 6:00 --- as this was when I was able to first find TP.  But if you cannot go out, perhaps, try their on-line shopping and see if you can get it that way. Also, I have gotten some through Aldi home delivery - Instacart.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

In the last few days, I have seen it at Aldi and at Trader Joe's and at Walgreens. I have heard a neighbor that went to Sam's Club and bought some as well. Another bought some from Office Depot or Staples.

Respected Contributor

Boxed dot com has charmin and staples dot com has cottenelle

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@fortune    I don't understand why you can't get it at a store.  For the past month, every time I've done a Walmart pick-up order, I've had my choice of several different brands.  I now have 2. 12-packs in my larder.  Others have reported seeing good supplies at Target and other grocers.  The shortage seems to be over.  Walmart will deliver groceries but there's a minimum of something like $30., I think.  I just pick up my grocery orders.

I guess it depends on where you live.  We can't find any paper products at Shoprite but if we go 5 minutes away to either Aldi or Lidl we can find it.