Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@cotton4me   This may be late, but I see that TP is available online at Walmart and prices are reasonable. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

I went to Sam's Club on Thursday for Senior hours. They had plenty of toilet paper, paper towels, kleenex and napkins. I don't know why you are having such a hard time getting toilet paper. In fact, they had good stock on meats (limit 1 package per customer). I think you have to go early in the morning when everything is in stock. I went at 7 am.

Esteemed Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 

Thanks for the head’s up.  I really appreciate it. 

Super Contributor

most of the stores here in the heartland have it again. but limited brands, some you've never heard of. they are also limiting how many packages you can buy. have you tried the dollar stores, drugstores, office supply stores, lowes, menards, walmart online, target online, walgreens online.. look in paper. some restaurants and businesses are selling survival kits, including meats, meals, milk, eggs, bottled water and toliet paper. i got one for my mom.. it had lots of goodies. she loved the toliet paper. got 15 rolls double ply. good luck.

Honored Contributor

My area is still very short on toilet paper, paper towels, anything related to cleaning or sanitizing, meat, and lots of staples.  One midwest grocery store chain started stocking toilet paper made by Suave that isn't too bad.  I'm not as picky now since it's still so hard to find around here.  

Esteemed Contributor

Did you try Staples online?   Try small local stores; I've done better there.  I notice our local markets, here in N NJ, they are sourcing from different countries like a Mexico and Vietnam Nam.    I can't figure out the need for TP.....maybe because the CDC stated one of the symptoms could be diarrhea lol.....who knows.  It's irrational but I find myself buying more than usual as I'm afraid in case of a rebound there will be none.  When I see it I buy it.  We are limited to one.  I've found the invisible Lysol at Lowe's.  It's an inconvenience but usually we visit three markets but we get everything  

Respected Contributor

@elated 

It is a regional and daily difference.  And there is a difference.  I went to Sams senior hour and there were no paper towels, toilet paper, 2% milk, or wipes.  Frustrated I went on Sunday morning  and still no toilet paper or wipes. Toilet paper I believe had been a no show all week there.

Valued Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lovesrecess wrote:

Costco has plenty of toilet paper. Kroger has some at our store here and you can do pickup there. Guess it depends on where you live Dollar tree has it also, but the rolls are smaller. You can also get paper napkins as a substitute if you really run out....seems there are plenty of napkins and they didn't seem to be grabbed up by the hoarders. i would never order it from anyone selling it on Ebay.

@lovesrecess   Costco here hasn't had TP for many months, or kleenex.

Availability is on a store by store basis.  That availability can also sift week to week.

Trusted Contributor

Re: TOILET PAPER ?????

[ Edited ]

@Stray wrote:

Did you try Staples online?   Try small local stores; I've done better there.  I notice our local markets, here in N NJ, they are sourcing from different countries like a Mexico and Vietnam Nam.    I can't figure out the need for TP.....maybe because the CDC stated one of the symptoms could be diarrhea lol.....who knows.  It's irrational but I find myself buying more than usual as I'm afraid in case of a rebound there will be none.  When I see it I buy it.  We are limited to one.  I've found the invisible Lysol at Lowe's.  It's an inconvenience but usually we visit three markets but we get everything  

It's the same for me.

I've done better at finding things at the smaller stores, like the dollar stores.

We've stayed away from the larger, big box stores where people have had to wait in line to go into the stores.

We've had luck finding items in convenience stores, when the larger supermarkets didn't have certain items. 

I would also be checking the Home Improvement stores, and the Office Supply stores too, for anything that I couldn't find elsewhere. 

I was telling my husband that I never thought I'd see the day where I'd have to get kind of creative to find certain grocery items by trying different stores where I wouldn't normally think to look before, in order to find them. 

Esteemed Contributor

I was ahead of the curve as I ordered Quilted Northern back in January.  They sent it very quickly and we still have plenty.  I have gotten to the point that all big items are delivered so that I don't have to drag them home.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!