Honored Contributor

Re: TMZ - Reporting Kobe Bryant killed in Helicopter accident.

Kobe and Gianna 

28219c90-07c3-11ea-aaf7-c6d99e8b4998.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

My goodness his poor family. His dear wife  . It is beyond sad

Honored Contributor

Condolences to his family on this terrible loss.  I was told (haven't read anything but initial four posts on this thread) that his daughter "Gigi" died with him.  That must be Gianna's nickname.

Heart-rending news.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wildcat fan wrote:

New update from TMZ:

12:35 PM PT -- Kobe's daughter Gianna Maria Onore -- aka GiGi -- was also on board the helicopter and died in the crash ... reps for Kobe tell TMZ Sports. She was 13.

We're told they were on their way to the Mamba Academy for a basketball practice when the crash occurred. The Academy is in nearby Thousand Oaks.

@wildcat fan 

Heartbreaking news....and they said 2 of the others that passed were a parent and their child that played basketball.  They were all on their way to that basketball event...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I am sorry about his death. I heard on Fox News that TMZ is reporting his daughter Gigi was on the helicopter and was killed. This is so sad. I wonder what went wrong with the helicopter. I heard the LA County Sheriff is holding a news conference at 5PM ET.

Honored Contributor

ESPN is now confirming others killed in the helicopter crash was Kobe Bryant’s 13 year old daughter, Gianna, one of her teammates, and her parent. They were traveling to a basketball camp or a travel game for his daughter’s team. Conflicting info as to their destination. If the pilot was among the dead, this would account for the total of five victims.
Esteemed Contributor

Sikorsky-S76, like the one that went down.

sikorsky2.jpg

Condolences doesn't even begin to cover how broken hearted I am.

IF it's true that his daughter was also on board, I can't even begin to imagine the utter heart-shattering, soul shattering pain, and the depth of it, that his wife is going through.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

New update from TMZ:

12:35 PM PT -- Kobe's daughter Gianna Maria Onore -- aka GiGi -- was also on board the helicopter and died in the crash ... reps for Kobe tell TMZ Sports. She was 13.

We're told they were on their way to the Mamba Academy for a basketball practice when the crash occurred. The Academy is in nearby Thousand Oaks.

@wildcat fan 

Heartbreaking news....and they said 2 of the others that passed were a parent and their child that played basketball.  They were all on their way to a basketball event...

Thank you for sharing that @Spurt This is so sad. 😢

Respected Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Condolences to his family on this terrible loss.  I was told (haven't read anything but initial four posts on this thread) that his daughter "Gigi" died with him.  That must be Gianna's nickname.

Heart-rending news.   

How incredibly sad. My heart goes out to this family.

Respected Contributor

It's especially horrific when children are on falling aircraft, anywhere, anytime.