Frequent Contributor

Recently developed a ringing in my ears, better known as Tinnitus, as diagnosed by the good doctor.  Anyone have any suggestions or any experience with a solution.  Many have mentioned that you "just live with it".  Praying for some relief, as I have tried a few things, with nothing working.  Heading to the ENT.

Trusted Contributor

I have it also but was told there was nothing the dr. could do for me.

Honored Contributor

My husband has Tinnitus too, our PCP put him on blood pressure medication but it hasn't helped any plus he has hearing loss from the F4 jets he used to work on.

Anyone find anything that does help, please let us know.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

I've had clogged ear canals that have exacerbated it.

Mine comes and goes, and frankly, I don't pay it much mind anymore.  It's a symptom of the noisy modern world, and sometimes, medication (I take ibuprofen for pain and that is known to cause tinnitus).  However, I'd rather have the pain relief so I can go about my day-to-day, then worry about the ringing thing.

I know it stinks.  Either it will resolve on it's own or you will become accustomed.  I suffered an enormous amount of "agita" the first time I began to realize it was happening.  Truly does not phase me, now.  I still blast the rock and roll and still work around heavy equipment.  Love life, tinnitus and all.👂🏼

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Sorry to say that there is no cure or relief. My dh has it and did take lipo flavonoid for awhile but it was uselesss and a waste of money. He just lives with it now. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Re: TINNITUS RELIEF?

[ Edited ]

@ID2 wrote:

Sorry to say that there is no cure or relief. My dh has it and did take lipo flavonoid for awhile but it was uselesss and a waste of money. He just lives with it now. 

@ID2, mine took lipo flavonoid too, didn't do a darn thing.  Mine lives with it now too..  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I've had it for years and have been to an ENT.  There's nothing that can help it.  I've learned to live with it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Re: TINNITUS RELIEF?

[ Edited ]

I know this will sound crazy, but my mom's friend, who lives in Colorado Springs, came to visit my mom in a higher altitude in Wyoming.  They took a car trip to 10,000 feet and her ears popped and she has no more ringing in her ears.  

Trusted Contributor

I can tell you that I sympathize with you....I have had 36 ear surgeries, and had tinnitus since I was very, very young...I never have a silent moment. I also have vertigo to go along with it, so severe at times, that a couple of weeks ago, my warden would not let me into the prison that I work at, and would not let me drive to the hospital....I had to have an officer drive me to the small, local hospital, and had to have my boss come and get me from the ER....and she made me go right back to work....I wish I had an answer for you...I know there are a lot of things on the internet for this, but I have never come up with anything that works....I currently go to Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville... I ended up with having a mastoidectomy, and that did not work for any issues either, but rather a massive infection that ate away at my skull, and now I deal with that. They can not come up with anything either. 

If you come up with anything, then cudos for you, and please pass it along. I know that too much aspirin can cause this. Do you take aspirin??

Here is a list of medications that can cause tinnitus... https://www.tinnitusformula.com/library/prescription-drugs-that-can-cause-tinnitus/  Do you take any of these??? I know that excessive wax can also cause this....Do you have this???? I personally do not produce wax, so I know that is not my issue...I have Menier's disease that adds to my complications...

I so can feel for you, and hope that you can find the solution to your problem....I wish that I could find a moment of silence.....Woman Sad

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Trusted Contributor

There isn't a cure. Try not to obsess over finding one, it'll only cause frustration and desperation. Millions have it, including many celebrities. Here's a clip of William Shatner and David Letterman discussing theirs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCdx8aueK9I