Honored Contributor

Re: TIME Magazine Person of the Year is . . .

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I am SO FRAKING tired of hearing how some people have a problem with how long it took any woman to come forward.

So tired.

So very, very tired.

ITA.

And I’m scared for next Tuesday in Alabama.

That could set everything back to the ‘50s again.

@sidsmom

It's like this tsunami of cognitive dissonance.

OhMyGosh...this is good.

You need to trademark that phrase. 

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I am SO FRAKING tired of hearing how some people have a problem with how long it took any woman to come forward.

So tired.

So very, very tired.

ITA.

@sidsmom

OhMyGosh...this is good.

It is a construct of social psychologist Leon Festinger in A Theory of Cognitive Dissonance.

Respected Contributor

Not all the women featured are famous millionaires. I have a slight issue with TS being on the cover and acting as the face of this movement, but overall I'm pleased with their choice for POTY.

I interpreted the anonymous elbow on the cover to represent the millions of women whose stories we haven't been told. They are either too scared to come forward, or no one cares to listen.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

So tired.

So very, very tired.

ITA.

@sidsmom

OhMyGosh...this is good.

It is a construct of social psychologist Leon Festinger in A Theory of Cognitive Dissonance.

@deepwaterdotter

So I didn't think it up myself?

******, and I didn't even read that.

Another money maker down the toity pot.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JaneMarple wrote:

@LiveLaughLove wrote:
Read the article. You will find it mentions people from all walks of life.

Heaven forbid the dissenters would read it because then they might learn something!

@JaneMarple  It doesn't matter.  Minds are made up.  No amount of TIME magazine covers will change that fact.

I'm one who "shrugs" at TIME's Person of the Year; it took what-until 1999 to change that title?  But I am glad for this year's choice. I read it and applaud loudly.

It keeps the dialogue going and finally we see the women from all walks; from the highest paid to the lowly strawberry picker.

Let those who sneer have their obvious disdain for the topic.  They are not important and will have no impact on change.  The louder the harmed speak up the more they will drown out those who feel women are still the only responsible party no matter the type of harm endured.

You can't fix them; their garage band plays on with sour notes but the wonderful symphony of unity and courage will always drown out those malcontents.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

I was pulling for one of the others but I understand going with the issue du jour.  Time's way of staying relevant and riding the wave.    

For the very reason some minimize it as "the issue du jour" is why I am so glad this is indeed the choice selected. It's still very necessary to bring this to the fore and address it seriously. 

@Caaareful Shopper  I'd rather they would have been courageous enough to go with the issue which is still not completely addressed in this country and got sidetracked into a completely separate issue that had zero to do with what the man who created the movement intended.  His and those voices still are not yet heard.  They were silenced by the best red herring ever thrown. 

Time to get over an age old issue that I believe everyone including women have some culpability in and move on to others that are in desperate need of address.  No one has died in #MeToo that I am aware of.  I am still standing with an issue that is more serious and I'm not even a member of the community most greatly affected by it.     

My opinion.  My issue of the year.   

@Laura14, I had to read this twice to make sure I wasn't mistaken.

Also, I think it's interesting to see that some just eliminate the Times as irrelevant. I wonder whether that would be the case if someone they felt was deserving showed up on the cover.

The Times Person of the Year is eagerly anticipated and continues to be a source of conversation as always.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@LiveLaughLove wrote:
Read the article. You will find it mentions people from all walks of life.

Heaven forbid the dissenters would read it because then they might learn something!

@JaneMarple  It doesn't matter.  Minds are made up.  No amount of TIME magazine covers will change that fact.

I'm one who "shrugs" at TIME's Person of the Year; it took what-until 1999 to change that title?  But I am glad for this year's choice. I read it and applaud loudly.

It keeps the dialogue going and finally we see the women from all walks; from the highest paid to the lowly strawberry picker.

Let those who sneer have their obvious disdain for the topic.  They are not important and will have no impact on change.  The louder the harmed speak up the more they will drown out those who feel women are still the only responsible party no matter the type of harm endured.

You can't fix them; their band plays on with sour notes but the wonderful symphony of unity and courage will always drown out those malcontents.

@Cakers3, bless you, my child. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

So tired.

So very, very tired.

ITA.

@sidsmom

OhMyGosh...this is good.

@deepwaterdotter

I looked up Mr.Festinger's theory and didn't see the term "tsunami of cognitive dissonance".

KittyLouWhoToo, not a plagiarist.

Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

So tired.

So very, very tired.

ITA.

@sidsmom

OhMyGosh...this is good.

@deepwaterdotter

So I didn't think it up myself?

******, and I didn't even read that.

Another money maker down the toity pot.

But you applied the concept in a very informed way.