Honored Contributor

Re: TIME Magazine Person of the Year is . . .

I'm glad they made person of the year

I will even be more glad if Hollywood stops honoring  pedophile thugs ,and giving them awards

They almost clapped their hands till the fell off, for that odious  criminal Polanski. He has been accused by 10 or 11 more women, of rape , since,and not a peep out of the Hollywood bunch. They are such phony hypocrites

QVC Customer Care

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell  You are absolutely correct on this issue; whether one looks at it as political is not the issue.

Even Gloria Steinem said she would not write the same 1998 essay supporting the accused and not the accusers.

Those who feel that the 1990's was not a big deal makes me even more suspect that they are truly behind women today.

Either a person is a sexual harasser or isn't; this is the true heart of the problem.

You cannot divide harassers into groups based on who you like and you you don't.

(Generic you)

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@software wrote:

Celebrating people who kept silent all these years, making them in collusion with the abusers.  

Nah.....

@software  Are you really equating the women with their abusers?  Have you read any of their stories of why they were silent?  Coming forward now, years later, makes them in collusion with the abusers?  Wow.

The women in Hollywood kept quiet to keep their  multi-million dollar paycheck.

Not my hero.

Respected Contributor

TIME's POTY can't be too irrelevant if it's making headlines and you're all talking about it, and famous people want to be selected.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Great tweet just now from Jake Tapper:

There should be an opposite of the TIME person of the year — the converse. And these folks and all who enable predators should be so recognized.

@momtochloe

Remember Keith Olbermann's "Worst Person in the World"?

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

Great tweet just now from Jake Tapper:

There should be an opposite of the TIME person of the year — the converse. And these folks and all who enable predators should be so recognized.

@momtochloe

Remember Keith Olbermann's "Worst Person in the World"?

Excellent @QueenDanceALot exactly . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I am SO FRAKING tired of hearing how some people have a problem with how long it took any woman to come forward.

So tired.

So very, very tired.

Honored Contributor

Yes, Cakers, a rather devastating admission by Gloria Steinem.  Not surprising to me, since I remember the horrible, shaming and physically graphic comments she made about the late, former U.N. Ambassador Jeane Kirkpatrick--  another example of Ms. Steinem's ideology taking precedence over "support of women".