Honored Contributor

Re: TIME. IS. REALLY. FLYING....

Way too fast, for sure.  Wish life would slow down a bit.  More time each day would be a wonderful gift.  More time to contemplate, reflect.  Heart   Well, I'll take whatever I can get.  More hours, less hours, whatever is thrown our way is a gift.............

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I heard a woman on television recently  talking about things of a metaphysical nature,  and one thing she said really stuck with me ....... "We're living in a period where time is more speeded up ..."

It was an odd way to say it, but I definitely know what she meant!

Honored Contributor

I was over in Ohio amish country yesterday and I was thinking of gifts I need before I even get started on Christmas shopping - a new baby gift, 2 birthdays and a housewarming gift. I found some fabric to make a rag blanket for the baby gift and a housewarming gift - and one birthday -- then I have to get started on Christmas. This year time does seem to be flying.

Respected Contributor

It seems like once July hits,  the months just fly by.

It takes real effort to live in the present nowadays...

Honored Contributor

I really think that we find that time moves too quickly when we live too much in the future.

Remember when we were little and time seemed to move so much more slowly.  We lived in the present when we were children. 

Not that it's an easy thing to do as an adult.  But I believe it to be true.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I was over in Ohio amish country yesterday and I was thinking of gifts I need before I even get started on Christmas shopping - a new baby gift, 2 birthdays and a housewarming gift. I found some fabric to make a rag blanket for the baby gift and a housewarming gift - and one birthday -- then I have to get started on Christmas. This year time does seem to be flying.

@151949

What is a rag blanket?   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@151949

What is a rag blanket?   

You buy fabrics that tend to ravel easily, are soft enough for a baby, and wash well then you can sew them together in patches or stripes and snip the seam allowances every 1/4 inch including the outer edge then wash & dry it and they fringe up instead of finishing the edges and seams. The other side of the blanket is smooth if you prefer not to put the fringe against the baby, but it's quite soft and these can be washed often and only get better with each washing, making them perfect baby blankets. We are having a little girl addition to the family so I bought all pink/grey and white in girly little ditsy prints.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I really think that we find that time moves too quickly when we live too much in the future.

Remember when we were little and time seemed to move so much more slowly.  We lived in the present when we were children. 

Not that it's an easy thing to do as an adult.  But I believe it to be true.

I agree with you - children do tend to enjoy the present and never worry about or plan for the future. that is why they need parents to do it for them. I do wish I could live like that now. Even in retirement we always seem to have looming deadlines - bills to be paid, responsibilities, etc. Right now I have some gifts to be made before the end of November - see always deadlines pending.

Honored Contributor

(thread title).

@jlkz

And "the older you get, the faster it flies". Sorry!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynut

Don't I know it !!!!   Next week is our 49th wedding anniversary....I still can't believe we've been married that long.  Last month was my 50th college reunion, so I know the number of years can't be wrong.

I jokingly tell my niece that if it weren't for my morning pillcase, I wouldn't know the day of the week !!!!

Even DH finds the time flying faster and faster as he prepares to retire next year.  He always has projects going: when we put on the last major house addition, we also built a detached garage.  This is now his workshop which I tend to think of as a work warehouse for all the stuff there.

When we watch American Pickers, I tell him I may have to give them a call to film here!

Even though the time is flying, we are enjoying this chapter of our life.  As long as you have your health.... 

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill