Respected Contributor

TIME. IS. REALLY. FLYING....

Looking at the calendar tonight:  August 25.

That means four months from now it will be Christmas night !!!!!!!

Where does the time go ?  I'm good with writing 2016 finally.......

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Re: TIME. IS. REALLY. FLYING....

@jlkz

Kind of scarey ain't it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

I feel like this summer has gone slower than previous summers. I think it's because it has been so so hot that I couldn't really spend as much time outside. 

Respected Contributor

I'm totally with you! It takes me weeks to decorate and weeks to put it away! I wonder why I even bother taking anything down!🎄😉

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Esteemed Contributor

I will be so glad to be rid of the summer...I hate hot weather and we have had more then our share...starting tomorrow we will be in the high 90's with humidity for another week.....so to your answer...no..it is not going by fast...not fast enough for me...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Summer is the quickest month, I swear!

I don't mind heat or even humidity--unless it's oppressive.

I'm so depressed because my littlest one starts pre-school on Tuesday.  When he was leaving today, I wanted to cry my eyes out.  They all start within the next two weeks. 

When summer is over and school starts, I get so depressed!

I don't mind winter as we have it pretty mild.  I guess I just hate the start of school, even when my three were in school.

Esteemed Contributor

My kids start school again on Monday. I hate it!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

You're right time does seem to fly by! And people laugh when I start Christmas shopping early. The past 2 years I didn't shop early and I regreted it! So now I'm back on track this year to starting early.

I'm not trying to be holier than thou, but I think people wait too long and they make their own stress at the holidays by having to rush around shopping and wrapping at the last minute! If people would start earlier they could be finished and have everything wrapped by Thanksgiving weekend, and relax and enjoy the holidays!

And PS I am glad to see people here who are sad when their children go back to school. So many people seem to enjoy it. Not me! When my kids were in school yet, I was sad when they went back to school too! Heck I'm even sad when my grandkids start school, because they keep me company 2 days a week all Summer!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Summer is the quickest month, I swear!

I don't mind heat or even humidity--unless it's oppressive.

I'm so depressed because my littlest one starts pre-school on Tuesday.  When he was leaving today, I wanted to cry my eyes out.  They all start within the next two weeks. 

When summer is over and school starts, I get so depressed!

I don't mind winter as we have it pretty mild.  I guess I just hate the start of school, even when my three were in school.

@Lucky Charm

I feel your pain! I always seemed to mark the passage of time with the start of the school year, rather than my son's birthday.

I loved the school he went to, and loved him being there, but I think I shed a tear every first day of school through high school. I just realized that it was ticking off another year, brining him closer to being grown up. I loved being the mom of a boy, and miss having a young child most days. 

Honored Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

You're right time does seem to fly by! And people laugh when I start Christmas shopping early. The past 2 years I didn't shop early and I regreted it! So now I'm back on track this year to starting early.

I'm not trying to be holier than thou, but I think people wait too long and they make their own stress at the holidays by having to rush around shopping and wrapping at the last minute! If people would start earlier they could be finished and have everything wrapped by Thanksgiving weekend, and relax and enjoy the holidays!

And PS I am glad to see people here who are sad when their children go back to school. So many people seem to enjoy it. Not me! When my kids were in school yet, I was sad when they went back to school too! Heck I'm even sad when my grandkids start school, because they keep me company 2 days a week all Summer!

@Shorty2U

I completely agree with you about people creating their own stresses over the holidays.

Even when I was working full time and raising a child, I planned ahead with the shopping, wrapping, decorating, baking etc. I refused to be that parent wrapping gifts or putting together toys all night Christmas Eve. My sister in law has been know to be baking Christmas cookies on Christmas day!

For me, it was all about the process. I enjoyed every thing that I did in preparation for the season, and didn't want to rush or cram it in and make it a miserable experience. Spreading it out, planning ahead, was a big part of the enjoyment for me. Being able, in those last couple of weeks to know it was all completely done, allowed me to be focused and enjoy the church things, the school plays, the symphony performances we attended, etc. I could be present in the moment, not sitting at some function, exhausted and preoccupied with what I still didn't have done.