Valued Contributor

Re: TIARA CHOICES FOR STATE DINNER REVEALED

@SharkE wrote:

@Stelladorable wrote:

I'm more interested in seeing Queen Es grandson in law in the jungle on a British reality show!

Though the QC and the PoW look lovely as they always do, it's Mike Tindall having all the fun while dishing about the RF.

He won't be dishing for long. If he hasn't already he will be getting a heads up about keeping one's mouth shut.

First order of the Royals is no reporting on the inner life of any of the Royals. 

Sounds like he might be of the Harry camp. Princess Royal is his mother-in-law and her and her brother the King , might need to rein him in.

Too late. The show is already airing.

Honored Contributor

Why do people and the press keep calling Catherine Princess of Wales, Kate or Kate Middleton. I'm not a huge fan but that just doesn't sound right. Oh well maybe that's just me!

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell 

My opinions on the Royal ladies at the state dinner.

First the Kings wife did not impress me at all.  I am not a fan of matchy matchy and she really overdid it.  The jewels looked so heavy and the dress color did'nt help at all.  

I've looked at the pictures and read some of the articles, particularly about Princess Catherine's choices.  She put Dianna front and center with her tiara and other jewelery.  They were all perfect with her dress. Very regal.  

Articles unanimously agree that in  one night the Princess transformed her fashions from safe background attire to modern elegant front and center, the confident woman she is.  A very bold choice of dress which she is being praised for.  Definately the star of the show.

Honored Contributor

Isn't it complicated ? I'm not even for sure if her name is Catherine or Katherine yet ! You see media printing it different. Few Catherines have come down thru the ages. I just know who they're talking about and let it ride.   If I had to make a stab at it I'd say her title now is Princess Catherine and Prince William. Whereas, they were Duke and Duchess. Their 3 kids are Princes and Princess.

Camilla will be known as 'Queen Consort' , but, that will be changed during the coronation of King Charles III to Queen Camilla.

I've read where Camilla came into Queen Mum's jewelry. I believe Catherine inherited a few pieces of

hers.  I've also read where Charles has took care of Camilla if he should die and didn't want Camilla to be given the sack out of the Royal residences. He's signed over a place or 2 for her to retire to when she's no longer Queen. I guess then she will be Queen Dowager.

I bet we'll read in the future where the rugby hero has been given a reprimand.  Charles, has already done what Edward the VII did (hope I got my # straight) when after such a long wait to become King upon the death of a Queen he swept in and started cleaning house long overdue for a 'freshning' up.

Respected Contributor

I don't know why, and it's totally illogical and irrational, but I feel like they are raiding Queen Elizabeth's jewelry box and playing dress up. I bet we'll see more pieces of jewelry that have not been worn in quite a while. Should be fun to look at!

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Oznell 

.....and I, for one, could look at your pics for a whole 'nother week!Heart

...and I, for another, always enjoy your commentary!

Honored Contributor

I had already seen them, but, nice of her to post them.

I don't like stuff to get poofed because people get into it over 2  'Royal' people who always get threads poofed and I'm not wasting time copying and pasting or downloading to 'downloads' for nothing.

bornfree.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Kate looks lovely, as always. Wearing a crown like that would give me an instant headache. I would dread having to wear any crown and would not enjoy any event where I had to wear one. So that’s ONE problem I don’t have, lol.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Frequent Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Why do people and the press keep calling Catherine Princess of Wales, Kate or Kate Middleton. I'm not a huge fan but that just doesn't sound right. Oh well maybe that's just me!

You are right!  It is incorrect and disrespectful to call her "Kate" or "Kate Middleton"!  I wish everyone would stop!

Honored Contributor

Isn't all this jewelry kept at the Tower of London or some museum?  Anyone know?  I have a feeling none of these people own any of it themselves.