Valued Contributor

Re: THREE BILLION DOLLARS TO SAVE KIDS

@Noel7 wrote:

Local couple does good:

The money will be used to accelerate basic scientific research, including the creation of research tools - from software to hardware to yet-undiscovered techniques - they hope will ultimately lead to scientific breakthroughs, the way the microscope and DNA sequencing have in generations past.

The goal, which they are unlikely to live to see accomplished, is to "cure, prevent or manage all disease" in the next 80 or so years.

They acknowledge that this might sound crazy, but point to how far medicine and science have come in the last century - with vaccines, statins for heart disease, chemotherapy, and so on...

I've had three good careers in my life-the most significant and meaningful, in research-

We can have hope, but it is the financing that allows that hope to flourish into progress-

It touches me as well @Noel7

Thank you for posting-a fine way to end my day.

Esteemed Contributor

1 Timothy 6:17-18

As for the rich in this present age (of grace), charge them not to be haughty, or to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with EVERYTHING we enjoy.  They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share.

To much is given, much is expected.    Jesus Christ  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@silentgirl wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Local couple does good:

The money will be used to accelerate basic scientific research, including the creation of research tools - from software to hardware to yet-undiscovered techniques - they hope will ultimately lead to scientific breakthroughs, the way the microscope and DNA sequencing have in generations past.

The goal, which they are unlikely to live to see accomplished, is to "cure, prevent or manage all disease" in the next 80 or so years.

They acknowledge that this might sound crazy, but point to how far medicine and science have come in the last century - with vaccines, statins for heart disease, chemotherapy, and so on...

I've had three good careers in my life-the most significant and meaningful, in research-

We can have hope, but it is the financing that allows that hope to flourish into progress-

It touches me as well @Noel7

Thank you for posting-a fine way to end my day.

@silentgirl

Thank you for your time as a scientist and participating in research.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

FYI:

Mark Zuckerberg was raised Jewish, is now an atheist but is very involved in Buddhism with his wife Priscilla Chan.

Esteemed Contributor

Bill and Melinda Gates have donated $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to fight diseases in third world countries.

I LOVE people who put their money where their mouths are.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Trusted Contributor

This is a wonderful gift!  Let's encourage their generosity to extend up and down the economic ladder.  I hope their donations help to generate greater interest in STEM subjects among youth and scientific knowledge continues to advance.

Honored Contributor

Now if we could only get some of the parents on board around the entire world with vaccinations that would be a start.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

1 Timothy 6:17-18

As for the rich in this present age (of grace), charge them not to be haughty, or to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with EVERYTHING we enjoy.  They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share.

To much is given, much is expected.    Jesus Christ  

This will be poofed before I get this line typed.