Honored Contributor

I was disappointed in most of the offerings. There were either products I never heard of (skincare) or bags and clothing that seemed like a rummage sale...what wouldn't sell, so donate at low price. 

I sent a check for Ovarian Cancer Research, but an hour of sub-par offerings is not worth the one hour of air time. Didn't it used to be a 3 or 4 hour show with many more products for sale?

Honored Contributor

Re: THOUGHTS ON SUPER SATURDAY?

It used to br 2 hours.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus I didn't watch - hadn't planned to because I'd long had a ticket to see Mamma Mia.  Not even a shred of regret about missing SS.

I do not remember any shows longer than 2 hours and I don't ever remember any personal excitement about buying.  I used to watch more because of Lisa than because of the items. 

I'm in your camp when it comes to donating.  When something is one of my causes, I write a check.  I buy from any charity offering things only when I already want what they're selling whether it's Girl Scout cookies or Wacoal bras or whatever they sold yesterday.

I do hope the overall event was a success in spite of yesterday's weather -  not a pretty day on eastern Long Island. Did there seem to be a crowd?  It's those tickets at $450+  that put a huge base under the $$$$ raised by the sales.  I don't know what percentage of the money raised usually comes from the QVC booth;  I just know it's there.

Honored Contributor

I didn't watch either because I had the family here. I recorded it, watched this morning and mostly quickly fast forwarded. 

In the future, this show can be elimated and replaced with a PSA asking for donations. 

Respected Contributor

I did watch most of the show, and enjoyed both Amy and Courtney. And I did purchase the Perricone blush.  Nothing else appealed to me.  

I was very disappointed in the offerinigs and in the length of time put into the show.  In the past it's been much more interesting and had so many different presentations. This was a way to move a few cosmetic products - not a lot more.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw Courtney (not one of my favorite hosts) with nail tip vendor and had the remote in my hand to turn the channel, a friend called and asked if I wanted to get together with a couple others for lunch.....happily took the better opportunity---the lunch of course! ..Woman Very Happy   Rather make the donation than watch leftovers and retread merchandise on SS

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I was absolutely thrilled with the Wen item. The price was incredible. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I haven't read any of the replies here but I posted in fashion.  I have to wonder if this event will be phased out.

This seemed like a very half-hearted attempt.  This used to be 2 hours long and all broadcast live from the Hamptons.  Why were they going back and forth between QVC studio and the Hamptons?  Wasn't thrilled with the choice of having Amy as one of the hosts.  I thought it was going to be Courtney and Alberti hosting from the actual event. 

I think when LR hosted this, she had a personal reason for wanting this to be successful and took time to get merchandise to be donated.  No one has a personal stake in this anymore and the event has definitely gone downhill.