Honored Contributor

THOSE robo calls are starting up

And they are only going to get worse. I wonder if anyone really listens to them? I never do.

Respected Contributor

Re: THOSE robo calls are starting up

We're going to get rid of our land line phone soon. It can't happen soon enough for me. Also annoying are the endless political ads on TV.  It's scary to think they will be getting worse as we head towards the general election. Keep cool folks.

Respected Contributor

I noticed the commercials are really ramping up and are going to be very nasty.

I can't wait until this is all over. 

Esteemed Contributor

I never pick up, then delete, delete, delete 

for any robo call at all

Honored Contributor

I've already turned my phones off.  I've been getting all manner of robocalls (not all political, I think) for so long, now.   It's just wrong.  WRONG!

Esteemed Contributor

Starting up??? My landline NEVER has a day when several calls don't come in. Are they robocalls? Don't know don't pick up. A little while ago one came in with the caller ID showing the number as 000-000-0000. The March of Dimes harrasses every day from several different numbers, they are unrelenting. MADD has been on a calling spree as well every day for at least the past month from several different numbers. Sometimes when I'm cranky I'll pick up and I hit the answer button then keep hitting the # key just to annoy them.

Valued Contributor

Check out No More Robo.  It blocks robo calls after one ring.  It's free.  Won't block those live callers from the "IRS" or "microsoft" but it has made our lives a lot quieter.

Esteemed Contributor

1.) I don't answer calls i don't recognize.  If it's important, they will leave a message.

2.) If the caller doesn't leave a message, i look the number up  on whitepages.com.  If it's flagged as spam, I block the number

3.) I don't look at commercials, I either change the channel or put the tv on 'mute'.

Recently, there had been several community chat threads on either products and services you can use to block the calls before the phone even rings.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@athenian wrote:

Check out No More Robo.  It blocks robo calls after one ring.  It's free.  Won't block those live callers from the "IRS" or "microsoft" but it has made our lives a lot quieter.

@athenian  Yes, I checked this out, but my phone carrier does not offer this.  I have AT&T for my land line.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

We bought a answering machine many years ago. That way you can screen your phone calls. And if your not at home you can check the messages.