Esteemed Contributor

THIS is what offends me

[ Edited ]

Unsolicited emails/communications (e.g., notices on websites) from/by companies I do business with telling me their feelings about current events and especially money they’ve donated to the cause. 

They’ve picked a side. I can’t help thinking in some cases it’s done to let some know that they’re with them, “I’m on YOUR side...please don’t damage my business.”

Feel how you want, do what you want. I don’t need to know about it.

And now...I’ve got some unsubscribing to do. 

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

Social media is far too powerful. Everyone is feeling extreme pressure to tow the line. I'm glad I've been off Instagram for ages. A lot of bullying going on there. People are only allowed one opinion. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: THIS is what offends me

[ Edited ]

That actually offends you? Or do you mean it irritates you? I agree with you that we don't need to know how businesses feel about current events or the money they have donated to a cause. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler    That word works too. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

Unsolicited emails/communications (e.g., notices on websites) from/by companies I do business with telling me their feelings about current events and especially money they’ve donated to the cause. 

They’ve picked a side. I can’t help thinking in some cases it’s done to let some know that they’re with them, “I’m on YOUR side...please don’t damage my business.”

Feel how you want, do what you want. I don’t need to know about it.

And now...I’ve got some unsubscribing to do. 

@esmerelda I agree with you one thousand percent.  Businesses are supposed to be ethical and fair in their busines and have NO opinion about any of us do or think.  

Esteemed Contributor

It's like some have just edited that "we're in this together" coronavirus message to fit the next cause.  Comes across as disingenuous to me.  

Respected Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

It's like some have just edited that "we're in this together" coronavirus message to fit the next cause.  Comes across as disingenuous to me.  

I feel it's forced. Like I mentioned in my previous comment. You have to do it or else. 

Honored Contributor

Would it be more effective to cease doing business with the companies choosing to go this route?

Trusted Contributor

@esmerelda I'm not really offended by those ridiculous, hypocritical emails; aggravated may be a better term for it. I can't hit the "delete" key fast enough when one of those hits my inbox!

Contributor

I agree with esme 100%.