Honored Contributor

THIS IS TO THE QVC MODERATORS ON HERE RIGHT NOW.....

Yesterday I posted a new thread in the "Suggestion Box" regarding the background and print color on the boards......

Would you  please see if something could be done to make the print once again black, and change the background to what it used to be. 

There are many of us on here that have eye problems and are having a difficult time reading on here.......and find it difficult to post or read on here anymore.  Would say the majority of us are well over 40, and our eye sight is not that of the younger folks.

We would really appreciate you trying to get this change made.

Thank you  in advance.

Respected Contributor

Re: THIS IS TO THE QVC MODERATORS ON HERE RIGHT NOW.....

Yes, please. This stark white background is very hard on my eyes too. Thank you.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Respected Contributor

Please Q Moderators...This Forum Can Be Changed & Stay New...Q-Just has to Change it the way the Q-Blog pages are done...Just click-on Blogs...You will See the Old-Format style in the New reply Box.  Also, if you click on the poster (say you want to look-up David V recipes) just click on David V. & it brings up all the post they posted...yes, just like the old forum but in the new style.  I hope they change it soon??? Not Visiting QVC Forums or Shopping here at all Lately!Cat Frustrated

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Regular Contributor

Currently, I am wearing reading glasses with diopter of 2.5 and still cannot see the previous posts.   

I know I can change my font size and use BOLD, but not each time I type a post .... QVC, can you give me a "default setting" just for that!

Super Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

Yesterday I posted a new thread in the "Suggestion Box" regarding the background and print color on the boards......

Would you  please see if something could be done to make the print once again black, and change the background to what it used to be. 

There are many of us on here that have eye problems and are having a difficult time reading on here.......and find it difficult to post or read on here anymore.  Would say the majority of us are well over 40, and our eye sight is not that of the younger folks.

Thank you  in advance.

Hi @ShowMe,

Thank you for your post. We have read several posts from the Community requesting a change to the font size, color, and background color.  We are actively reviewing options, but I do not have a time frame for when you can expect this change to occur. Once we are clear about the timing of a change we will be sure to post an update to the Community.

Thanks again for your suggestion.

Honored Contributor

@Keyai-QVC wrote:

@ShowMe wrote:

Thank you  in advance.

Hi @ShowMe,

Thank you for your post. We have read several posts from the Community requesting a change to the font size, color, and background color.  We are actively reviewing options, but I do not have a time frame for when you can expect this change to occur. Once we are clear about the timing of a change we will be sure to post an update to the Community.

Thanks again for your suggestion.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU......for responding......hope it will be sooner than later.  Right now I am in the process of chemo therapy, and it has been affecting my eyes to where everything is blurred, and this has really made it even more dificult for me to read on here.  But even before I started this series of treatments, I was having a difficult time.  This stark white background is really playing havoc on the eyes. 

Will look forward  to the change, as many of the others will to.

ShowMe.......

Esteemed Contributor

If it's that bad, why not adjust your monitor?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree, @ShowMeHeart, and I'm glad you're calling attention to this.

The display is extremely hard on the eyes and I'm one of the people who can't read here as often because of eye strain and migraine triggers from this new non-ergonomic display.

I wanted to post 2 ways temporarily to try and work around the problem.  It's not a perfect fix, but it might help while we wait.

There are other options for various devices (usually in their "Settings," and you can adjust the text that you see on your tablet, phone, etc.), but these 2 are usually helpful overall without knowing anyone's specific device.

~~~~~~

1 -- To increase the overall size of the text you see on the forums (this only is in effect when you’re signed in since it’s a personal preference setting):

Go to “My Settings,” under “Preferences.”

Under “Preference Options,” choose “Display.”

Scroll down to “Text Size” and check the box for the size you’d like to try.

Be sure to scroll down and click “SAVE.”

You can change this back and forth to see which size you prefer.

~~~~~~

2 -- To increase the overall size of the text you see, whether you’re logged in or not:

There are several ways to do what's called "zoom in" or "zoom out" on a computer.

For example, on a PC you can press the CTRL key and the "-" (dash or minus) keys simultaneously to zoom out (make the display smaller), or press the CTRL and the "+" to zoom in (display is larger).

For Apple keyboards, it's the Command key and the "-" or "+" keys pressed at the same time to zoom out or in.

(There are other variations depending upon the device/keyboard/mouse/trackball.)

You also can do this with your browser.  Just look at the toolbar and, usually under a heading like “View,” you’ll see “Zoom” options.  

~~~~~~  

hth!  And I hope this problem is corrected soon.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I am also having eye problems with the back ground color,etc.

Please QVC moderator help us. A.S.A.P.

thank you.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."