Honored Contributor

Re: THIS HAPPENED TODAY TO DD

I'm surprised no one noticed or probably assumed it was a companion. Good thing they were after material goods and not DD or your GS. And kudos to the manager for being a stand up person. 

Another trick to watch for is for men coming up and giving you a compliment. They are trying to swipe your credit card info. Happened to me and I thought it was beyond ridiculous that someone that young would hit on me.

Sure enough there was a man who made the local news with a card reader in his pocket and was only looking for a good time with Mastercard, Visa or AmEx. Thank you Lug for RFID protection. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 wrote:

I'm surprised no one noticed or probably assumed it was a companion. Good thing they were after material goods and not DD or your GS. And kudos to the manager for being a stand up person. 

Another trick to watch for is for men coming up and giving you a compliment. They are trying to swipe your credit card info. Happened to me and I thought it was beyond ridiculous that someone that young would hit on me.

Sure enough there was a man who made the local news with a card reader in his pocket and was only looking for a good time with Mastercard, Visa or AmEx. Thank you Lug for RFID protection. 

@Laura14 

Your so right, RFID protection is a MUST these days.  There's a gang of folks at one of the grocery store locations here that doesnt give out compliments but they do have hidden devices and are trying to swipe credit card info......

My friend was a victim, she checked her bank balance and her paycheck had already been deposited 2 days before so she knew her account balance and when she went to pay for her groceries there was ZERO in her account, the cashier alerted her about the credit card swiping problem and she called her Bank and had to go to the Bank to get the issue resolved.....If the store knows about these theives it would seem like they'd hire some extra security to try to catch them! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Pezzie 

I'm so sorry this happened to your DD & GS. Such a shame he had to witness the worst in people so young. We all do but I know we all try to protect our little ones from it.

Like someone else said, thank goodness it was the bags not the toddler!

When I am shopping, I keep my hand on my wallet but I also have the baby strap latched through the wallet strap so if someone tried to grab it, it is hooked to the cart.

Years & years ago when I was fairly young, I was in Las Vegas for a trade show. I went to the ladies room & set my purse on the floor in front of me. When I came out of the stall, a much older woman "reprimanded " me for it. Said someone could come along, grab it & run & be long gone before I got myself together & got out of the stall! 

Such good advice - I remember her & thank her in my head to this day!

Of course now they have hooks for you to hang your bag.