Respected Contributor

Re: THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH DRYER SHEETS

My adult son occasionally will put dryer sheets in his sneakers to cut down on stink.. Can't tell you if it works or not, but he says it does.

Valued Contributor

I put the used sheets in my trash baskets , there is plenty of smell left and keeps the trash from smelling bad , also toss the used ones into my front loader washer , helps keep the funky washer smell away .

Valued Contributor

I have natural curly hair, they help with frizz ☺️
I was skeptical but it does work!!
Honored Contributor

Thanks for number 7  and number 12!

Make sure to post a LARGE note alerting family members to NOT flush the toilet with the dryer sheets soaking in the bowl.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@skatting44 ...I haven't tried any of them yet.  It came in the mail a day before I posted it.  If 100% of them don't work, I am sure many of them do.  Did I read your post right, did the flying bugs surround you as well as the mail box?  I'd be curious to know, and by the way, this is for real and it is not my list, I had nothing to do with it.  As I mentioned, my sister sent it to me.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

Is the driver sheet to wipe out the dryer lint screen after each load. The lint will stick to the sheet and then you can throw the whole thing away.

Honored Contributor

Plese just know that dryer sheets are very toxic to dogs and cats if you have any.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

The dryer sheets didn't work for me for mosquitos.  Actually, it didn't work for any of us who tried them at a cookout.

I cannot imagine rubbing a dryer sheet on my car windows to clean them.  It seems like the chemicals in the sheet would smear up the window, not clean it.  

Honored Contributor

What's the point of putting dryer sheets in the bowl and risk having someone flush them?  You still have to scrub it anyway.  Seems like a waste of dryer sheets...

Honored Contributor

You should never clog up your ac or heat vents with anything- much less with a fabric sheet coated in chemicals.  Toxic and a fire hazard.