Respected Contributor

THESE PENS: not mightier than swords...DUDS !

Buyer beware: BIC ballpoint pens click-side mounted in a 10-pack.

Very, very little ink....they ran our in less than 2 weeks.  For me, I did very little writing.  Neither did DH...

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Re: THESE PENS: not mightier than swords...DUDS !

I suggest you contact Bic, it may be a manufacturing issue and they would to know.

Off topic a bit, I got an all in one spongy tipped stylus from which a pen can be wound up, wait that's not all, on the other end are two buttons to push, one controls a tiny light, the other a red beam. I got it at the Dollar Tree.

Esteemed Contributor

Lots of products sit on store shelves for years and dry out or leak.  I've bought wet wipes that weren't very 'wet' - lighters leak the fuel that feeds the flame - and pens. 

Honored Contributor

The best pens I’ve ever found are at Dollar General near the check out.   They are $1 apiece, black ink, and the plastic body of the pen is usually red, white and blue, or pink and white for breast cancer.   The pens feel just right in my hand, and my fingers don’t cramp up as bad when I write.   I have at least 25 of them on hand right now.   

Honored Contributor

Schneider Slider Memo XB Ballpoint Pen and their Rave pens.  Best I've ever used!

Respected Contributor

As someone said, contact Bic and complain.  There is probably a toll free phone number or  website info on the package.  Or Google how to contact them.  Ask for a refund or coupons towards other items.  

I like the Bic crystal stick pen for everyday use.  They usually work well and feels comfortable in my hand.  They are cheap and available everywhere so I don't care if I lose them, and I always do.

Valued Contributor

OK, I confess, I have not purchased a pen for at least ten years. I never pass up chance at a free one.  My purse currently has three pens in it and they are from Centegra Health, Fidelity Investments, and a mortgage company. 

Respected Contributor

Try a Paper Mate inkJoy pen. They flow well and come in nice colors.

I haven't bought a Bic pen since that whole Bic for Her fiasco.

Here's Ellen explaining Bic for Her: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCyw3prIWhc

Honored Contributor

@DearPrudence Haha.i haven't bought a pen in years either.I too have pens from all kinds of places,for the most part because I am a thief.

Honored Contributor

I buy Staples own brand ... fine point ... black.  Boxes and boxes of them.  Iose them before I run out of ink.