Trusted Contributor

Re: THERE WAS NO ONE ELSE KATY PERRY’S AGE ?? R E A L L Y ??

Maybe it takes an experienced person to sell those shoes —some of them are awful. I only saw two or three pair I would buy.

Valued Contributor

So just to follow your logic, only a man should host when Dennis Basso or David from Joan Rivers Classics are the vendors?  And maybe only those with long hair should host shows dealing with certain  hair care products - or maybe we should request that only those with similar astrological signs co-host or host/vendor?

SEE HOW RIDICULOUS THIS POST IS!  It is a slippery slope when we start to make these kinds of comments.

Esteemed Contributor

I'll start by saing I like Katy Perry and shoes aren't my thing.

Now...I don't understand why people who have talent in one area think they have talent in a different, completely unrelated area...to the extent that they want people to pay money for it.,

Just because one can sing doesn't mean they can design...clothes, jewelry, shoes, decor...anything.

And if they earn a living designing in one area (clothing), that doesn't always "translate" well to another (decor).

Just because one talks for a living, it doesn't make them an expert on pet nutrition. 

I can understand, while they have the big microphone they want to create as many "streams of revenue" as possible. 

And if they're not really doing the work, they are lending their name...which I think is dishonest anyway.

Keepin' it real.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can understand the OP. There are certain styles of shoes, clothes, jewelry, etc. I could not imagine my mother wearing. Jane is a good host when it comes to shoes but if QVC is trying to attract the younger generation into buying their type of shoes, clothing, etc. then regretfully they will need to adjust a little.

I am just now imaging my mother when I was young demonstrating and trying to get me to buy those 5 inch boots, or that mini skirt, or that tank top, or those bell bottoms. 

The style of shoes, clothes, etc. should be hosted by the age that may actually buy it. How many of you bought Katy's products.

Honored Contributor

Thank Godfry--I missed that!!!!  both make my teeth hurt esp JT------

Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

I can understand the OP. There are certain styles of shoes, clothes, jewelry, etc. I could not imagine my mother wearing. Jane is a good host when it comes to shoes but if QVC is trying to attract the younger generation into buying their type of shoes, clothing, etc. then regretfully they will need to adjust a little.

I am just now imaging my mother when I was young demonstrating and trying to get me to buy those 5 inch boots, or that mini skirt, or that tank top, or those bell bottoms. 

The style of shoes, clothes, etc. should be hosted by the age that may actually buy it. How many of you bought Katy's products.

have purchased 6 pair of katy perry shoes and the quality and comfort have been excellent. the most recent ones i purchased were worn at my daughters greatly modified wedding in march. LOVE THEM and hope qvc continues carrying the line. i dont care who is selling them, if they are a style that looks good then i will try them. i gave a pair to my daughter almost a year ago for her birthday. .....so 2 generations are wearers.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@Pantsonfire2 wrote:

what a mess ...

I actually liked the show!

And posted another thread on it in the Shoe section of the site.

Too bad that so many people want to continue to bash Jane!

Respected Contributor

I think Jane is the perfect  host for this as she does most all the shoe shows, no?

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

I think Jane is the perfect  host for this as she does most all the shoe shows, no?

And bringing her age into this I think is totally uncalled for!

Super Contributor

I believe OP is entitled to her “opinion”. However, I disagree with the OP’s line of reasoning. I see it as age discrimination. In my “opinion” it would be the same as saying to any vendor/creator/developer, “the person who hosts your show must be the same age, race, gender as you”.