Honored Contributor

Re: THERE ARE SOME REALLY SWEET PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD

@aroc3435 wrote:

@ShowMe   What a nice story, especially when there is so many negative things to hear about.  Deborah made your day better and you have made ours happier as well.  

Thank you for sharing with us. 

@aroc3435.....thank you for such a sweet post.  And my, how you all have made my day with all the hearts.  

Yes, there is so much negative things going on now, needlessly to say the least.  Very sad.....

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe I'm so glad she did that for you. The kindness of "strangers" really does mean everything. It has for me when friends and family haven't been there for me at all. Klondike bars are delicious!

Any time I've used Instacart I've had the nicest delivery people.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@ShowMe I'm so glad she did that for you. The kindness of "strangers" really does mean everything. It has for me when friends and family haven't been there for me at all. Klondike bars are delicious!

Any time I've used Instacart I've had the nicest delivery people.

@Greeneyedlady21.....yes, kindness of "strangers" can go a long way.  I too have been blessed with wonderful neighbors and friends that do help me out.  I have no one here in St. Louis and don't know what I would have done without those that have come forth to help me out.

Yes, Klondike are the best.  

I find it unusual that it is not always the shopper that does the delivery.  But today it was.  But not only are the shoppers nice, so are the delivery folks.  They have helped me by letting me stand in front of the fridge to put things in the freezer and the fridge.  Just watching me try to move around in the kitchen they have learned what I can and can't do.  So very helpful and polite.

Respected Contributor

These days, I too look for pleasant, positive, uplifting stories to balance out the others...

Thanks @ShowMefor fulfilling my daily quota.

Denise
Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

These days, I too look for pleasant, positive, uplifting stories to balance out the others...

Thanks @ShowMefor fulfilling my daily quota.

@denisemb.....thanks......  Believe that when credit is due, it should be given....to those delivery and shopping folks.  I have often thought that they have to be out in some pretty nasty weather to deliver our groceries to us.....and sometimes that in itself is not pleasant.  

Trusted Contributor

@ShowMe Look at you --- spreading the love and good feelings Heart

Related image

Honored Contributor

Well, I'm calling it a night now.  Getting tired and want to get my jammies on.....then I will have one of my new KLONDIKE ice cream bars that I got today.  Then will wash my face and brush my teeth.....then climb into bed and say my prayers.  

Sweet dreams everyone, and thanks for your sweet posts today....

Respected Contributor

Awww...HeartHeartHeart

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

That's a great story!

And I think it's great that these grocery deliveries are again so popular now.

Back in the day, it was common for folks to get a *box* of groceries delivered.  I remember my great aunts, none of whom ever drove, would have a delivery boy bring a box to the door every couple of days during bad weather. 

The only place I notice these *personal shoppers* is at a certain Whole Foods and they will literally knock you out of the way to get their orders in their cart and get on the road.  umph!

So nice your girl thought of you and your doggy, too.

What would you do-ooh-ooh for a Klondike Bar?Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

That's a great story!

And I think it's great that these grocery deliveries are again so popular now.

Back in the day, it was common for folks to get a *box* of groceries delivered.  I remember my great aunts, none of whom ever drove, would have a delivery boy bring a box to the door every couple of days during bad weather. 

The only place I notice these *personal shoppers* is at a certain Whole Foods and they will literally knock you out of the way to get their orders in their cart and get on the road.  umph!

So nice your girl thought of you and your doggy, too.

What would you do-ooh-ooh for a Klondike Bar?Woman Very Happy

@Lucky Charm.....Boy, you jarred my memory with this post.  Back in 1961 when I was first married, my then husband worked for a family owned grocery store.  They did a big business with their home deliveries.  That was what he did after filling orders.....  And came home exhausted at night.  That was hard work, for such little pay.  When they sold the business he stayed with the new owners for a while, but that didn't last long.  I kept telling him maybe he should think about going to work at one of the large chains of stores here, He could have done stock work there....but no, he didn't want to do that.  At that time we were having problems with our marriage, he was drinking quite a bit, and not really doing anything worth while.  I was working full time as a secretary, and I didn't make enough for us to live on that, make house payments, etc.  We made it through 14 years.....

Sorry you have had problems with personal shoppers.  Hope they weren't "instacart" shoppers.  

What you think is my doggy, is really my big beautiful cat...  Mr. Lucky.  Will be 6 next spring.  Don't know what I'd do without him.....so much fun....and he thinks he's my boss.  LOL

Yes, I really like the Klondike bars.........