Honored Contributor

THE SCOTTISH CHRISTMAS WALK IN ALEXANDRIA, VIRGINIA

Wish I could have been there today!  For some reason, could only get video of past Walks, so here's snippets from the one from 2017.  It's nice b/c you can just flip through the video and land on different pieces as the bagpipers go through their paces.  Beautiful bagpipe classics, including "Amazing Grace".

Ah, the pipes!   The stoicism of the lads and lasses!   Bagpipe music so often tugs at the soul.

Fun to see people out enjoying this wonderful parade and concert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ263Jj12i8

Honored Contributor

Re: THE SCOTTISH CHRISTMAS WALK IN ALEXANDRIA, VIRGINIA

What a fabulous salute to the Christmas season.  Thank you for the YouTube connection, even if two years old.

By the way, our area had splendid weather for today's walk.  Cold, crisp but with a bright sun.

I've never attended even though Alexandria is not that far from me.  Typically, I've been so busy this time of year that I never took the time to go.  Now, I am less busy but do not enjoy driving into certain areas that are busy.  

Nonetheless, what a cheerful way to usher in a season of love and giving.

Valued Contributor

I would have loved to be there too. Thanks for sharing the video link. 

Esteemed Contributor

My DH’s niece and her DH live in Alexandria.  Recently, they moved her mom and dad there, who are quite up in years.  It was a huge move for the elders, but they are very happy living there.  A very nice condo community,  

Honored Contributor

I've had family in the past there too, @PamfromCT..  I wish on one of my flying visits there I had visited their beautiful old section, can't remember if it is called Old Town, or Old Alexandria, but justly celebrated.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell  It's Old Town Alexandria... Highly historical with some very lovely old homes and gardens... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I live three miles from there in Alexandria, outside Old Town Alexandria where this annual walk takes place.  It's absolutely lovely.