Respected Contributor

Re: THE ROYAL BABY MAY HAVE TO BE BORN IN A HOSPITAL

I haven't read anywhere that Meghan is having a home birth. I doubt that the palace woud confirm this information. All I've read is that Meghan and Harry do not want to bring the baby out before photographers hours after the baby is born and that pictures. will be provided after they have had time to bond as a new family. Anthing else is pure speculation. I had my second child at 39 one month shy of my 40th birthday. Yes I was advanced maternal age. That's just a medicalterm  that means pregnancies after 35 years are at higher risk for problems than those of women in their 20's or early 30's. Different from saying that all pregnancies after 35 are high risk. Meghan is 16 miles from Frimley hospital where the Duchess of Wessex had her babies. She will not need to travel to London. 

Honored Contributor

I read she is having a home delivery, if possible.  I am sure her home is equipped with everything that would be needed if there was a problem, plus there is a helicopter on standby for emergencies.

She will be taken care of better than most women, no matter where she delivers.

Super Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

Babies are never......"LATE" ..  when the apple is RIPE, it will fall!

A"due date" is just an, "estimated delivery time", so we can have an idea when to expect the birth............

37 is  NOT old, now a days most women  give birth at that age .Women have careers now and prefer to  save motherhood for later.Even if they have to freeze some eggs.......lol

In the medical world, 35 or older is considered "advanced maternal age."

Honored Contributor

There are no “rules” to having babies.  I had all four of my girls between the ages of 24 and 28.  There are four and a half years between the oldest to the youngest.

Each pregancy was different, as was each birth.  The oldest was six days early and weighed the least at 7-1/2 lbs. The second was nearly a month “late” and weighed 8 lbs. 3 oz.  The third was 8 lbs. 11 oz. and reasonably on time (my first epidural and it was a magically painless experience). The youngest was 8 lbs. (something ounces, I have forgotten), and the most painful because the epidural wasn’t done right.  Her birth was like trying to pass a tree trunk!  I spent my 20s with two babies in bottles and diapers twice!  I had a tubal ligation right after her birth.

I have to say being a mom to those babies were the happiest years of my life.  That’s all that matters.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Average age of first-time mothers is now 28. (I checked on a medical site.) That has risen from age 26 in 2014. 

There are changes in the uterus after 32 that can affect delivery.  A person I know at work (early thirties) had a home birth (first baby) and sadly, the baby died.  Home birthing can add an extra risk.  I kind of hope those two reconsider, though all will probably work out OK.

I was a late arrival, about a month late---my mother's 4th child, though.  Once, as a teen when I was into astrology, I asked her the exact hour of my birth and she knew at once.  "It was 4 in the afternoon, dear, and I do wish I could find out how that movie ended."  Yikes!  Though I _think_ she meant that this is when they left to go to the hospital.

Respected Contributor

Please everyone go back to your lives. What she does or does not do is really of no importance to anyone but the people involved. Most of what you read and hear is probably not true.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

If she were all set to deliver in the Lido wing, then appear on the steps the same day the baby is born, looking all glam and happy as photographers fought for a pic of the new baby, she would be accused of competing with Kate for attention,

The woman can't win.

They're doing things their way, and knowing the royal family's dislike for wasting money, they've probably worked it out in the least extravagant way possible.

Not sure the helicopter on standby wouldn't be considered extravagant... Besides which, indications to this point might make one think that minimizing extravagance hasn't been much of a goal... As for 'competing' with Kate, there is a middle ground... She could have the baby in a hospital but skip the photo op on the steps... Still, no horse in this race for me whatever they decide to do...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I had my second daughter when I was 30...it was considered an “elderly pregnancy” and had to see the OB every three weeks instead of once a month...I had far fewer problems and felt much better than my first pregnancy at age 22....
Respected Contributor

Whether or not she has her baby at home or in a hospital, you can be sure she is getting the best care available as every mom-to-be should..

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Many complications don’t arrive until labor....and the only cure is to deliver...so take nothing for granted...giving birth can still be complicated for a number of reasons...or it may be smooth as silk. I think if she has to be at the hospital it is a good thing for her and the baby....