Trusted Contributor

Re: THE ROYAL BABY MAY HAVE TO BE BORN IN A HOSPITAL

@Carmie wrote:

@alarmclock wrote:

@lovesrecess wrote:

So much speculation!  We don’t even know for sure that she wants a home delivery...more speculation by the rabid British media. A due date is never exact...it is determined different ways, and the British may have even another way to figure when a baby is due...sometimes the due date is changed by the dr during the pregnancy...so we actually have no idea when the baby is due...just “late April or early May....which could be any time. Having the baby in the hospital is not a bad thing....the royals have enough resources to keep the privacy issue covered. I wish them well and hope wherever and whenever Meghan has the baby, she has an easy time of it and they both are healthy and happy afterwards. 

If they are at their new home and not in London, that means a home birth.

Are you aware of the distance between Frogmore and London?

As for making a mistake on the due date?

Really?

A royal doctor miscalculating that?

Oh, yeah.  I want to go to that doctor.

You comments made me laugh.  Babies don't care about the status of the doctor.  They come when they are ready and not before or after.  Due dates are only estimates.

My own babies came more than two weeks after their due date...and I kept perfect  records of my monthly periods.

I guess you have no idea that there is a limit to the time you can go beyond a due date.

After a certain time, you must be induced or have a C section.

As I have stated, every birth is different.  

You have a very simple outlook to something that is never really simple.

QVC Customer Care

Trusted Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

You can bet your bottom dollar, or pound that everything is well taken care of.

If course it is but no one is going to say that a home birth is not without risk.

Every birth is a risk.

Why not lower the risk and have yourself in a place where the risk can be managed?

I think many are loving the fairy tale aspect and forgetting about reality.

Honored Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

You can bet your bottom dollar, or pound that everything is well taken care of.

If course it is but no one is going to say that a home birth is not without risk.

Every birth is a risk.

Why not lower the risk and have yourself in a place where the risk can be managed?

I think many are loving the fairy tale aspect and forgetting about reality.

We or you do not know what their plans are,do you really think  you care more than they do ?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Carmie I only stated that I've seen no facts to support her statement that MOST repeat MOST women give birth at age 37.

If there are such facts I'd be interested in seeing them.

I did NOT say that NO women give birth at this age or older. OK? OK!

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't think her age is a factor at all.  She's 37 not 47.  We don't know her due date, it's no different for her than it is for any other woman.  First babies are often late and she might indeed have to be induced and the baby will be delivered in a hospital.  She'll be disappointed, of course but that will vanish the minute they put that baby in her arms.  Of course if the baby is delivered in a hospital, there goes the privacy they wanted.  That plan will fly out the window.  

My God Daughter was 36, and age was considered a factor since it was her first baby. As it was, she ended up having to have a C Section, so it was good she was at a hospital.

Respected Contributor

Medically speaking, she is Advanced Maternal Age (35 and older), and does have increased risk factors.

Super Contributor

A lot of friends of Megan posting on here!

Honored Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@alarmclock wrote:

@lovesrecess wrote:

So much speculation!  We don’t even know for sure that she wants a home delivery...more speculation by the rabid British media. A due date is never exact...it is determined different ways, and the British may have even another way to figure when a baby is due...sometimes the due date is changed by the dr during the pregnancy...so we actually have no idea when the baby is due...just “late April or early May....which could be any time. Having the baby in the hospital is not a bad thing....the royals have enough resources to keep the privacy issue covered. I wish them well and hope wherever and whenever Meghan has the baby, she has an easy time of it and they both are healthy and happy afterwards. 

If they are at their new home and not in London, that means a home birth.

Are you aware of the distance between Frogmore and London?

As for making a mistake on the due date?

Really?

A royal doctor miscalculating that?

Oh, yeah.  I want to go to that doctor.

You comments made me laugh.  Babies don't care about the status of the doctor.  They come when they are ready and not before or after.  Due dates are only estimates.

My own babies came more than two weeks after their due date...and I kept perfect  records of my monthly periods.

I guess you have no idea that there is a limit to the time you can go beyond a due date.

After a certain time, you must be induced or have a C section.

As I have stated, every birth is different.  

You have a very simple outlook to something that is never really simple.

Oh oh I am more aware than most women.  I have had two pregnancies induced and had two c-sections.  They do not do c-sections anymore on demand or because babies are late.  They will induce or do C-sections only if necessary.  Sometimes due dates are miscalculated.

If the baby is not in distress, they will wait.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

If she were all set to deliver in the Lido wing, then appear on the steps the same day the baby is born, looking all glam and happy as photographers fought for a pic of the new baby, she would be accused of competing with Kate for attention,

The woman can't win.

They're doing things their way, and knowing the royal family's dislike for wasting money, they've probably worked it out in the least extravagant way possible.