Honored Contributor

Re: THE ROYAL BABY MAY HAVE TO BE BORN IN A HOSPITAL

[ Edited ]

So much speculation!  We don’t even know for sure that she wants a home delivery...more speculation by the rabid British media. A due date is never exact...it is determined different ways, and the British may have even another way to figure when a baby is due...sometimes the due date is changed by the dr during the pregnancy...so we actually have no idea when the baby is due...just “late April or early May....which could be any time. Having the baby in the hospital is not a bad thing....the royals have enough resources to keep the privacy issue covered. I wish them well and hope wherever and whenever Meghan has the baby, she has an easy time of it and they both are healthy and happy afterwards. 

Trusted Contributor

And there you have it.

Me-Again's ideas are not the best ideas.

QVC Customer Care

Trusted Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

So much speculation!  We don’t even know for sure that she wants a home delivery...more speculation by the rabid British media. A due date is never exact...it is determined different ways, and the British may have even another way to figure when a baby is due...sometimes the due date is changed by the dr during the pregnancy...so we actually have no idea when the baby is due...just “late April or early May....which could be any time. Having the baby in the hospital is not a bad thing....the royals have enough resources to keep the privacy issue covered. I wish them well and hope wherever and whenever Meghan has the baby, she has an easy time of it and they both are healthy and happy afterwards. 

If they are at their new home and not in London, that means a home birth.

Are you aware of the distance between Frogmore and London?

As for making a mistake on the due date?

Really?

A royal doctor miscalculating that?

Oh, yeah.  I want to go to that doctor.

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

@chrystaltreeLike the whole world, I don't know what's going on with the royal baby, but I do remember because she told the story so often that a friend of mine was told she was having an"elderly" pregnancy when she went to her obstetrician with her 4th pregnancy.  And she was only 35 at the time - and a healthy 35 who'd already given birth to 3 children easily.  Still her doctor was concerned because of her age.  I know this was long was long ago, but maybe pregnancies haven't changed all that much?

You are half right.  The medical term is Elderly Primigravida and your experience must have been many years ago.  It means a woman who is pregnant fr the first time at or above the age of 35.  The older a woman is, the higher her risk.  But this is 2019 and a healthy 37 year old would not be considered high risk today.  Women in their 40's and even early 50's are having babies today.  Women's bodies haven't changed but medical opinions and standards of care and medical technology have.  As for your friend from years ago, even then it was incorrect to describe her as an Elderly Primigravida if she given birth to children.  

Things have not changed.  Under 17 and over 35 are still high risk, no matter if it's your first or not.

Every birth is different due to several factors.

Honored Contributor

There is a hospital near Frogmore.  

Honored Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

@lovesrecess wrote:

If they are at their new home and not in London, that means a home birth.

Are you aware of the distance between Frogmore and London?

As for making a mistake on the due date?

Really?

A royal doctor miscalculating that?

Oh, yeah.  I want to go to that doctor.

You comments made me laugh.  Babies don't care about the status of the doctor.  They come when they are ready and not before or after.  Due dates are only estimates.

My own babies came more than two weeks after their due date...and I kept perfect  records of my monthly periods.

Trusted Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

Yes, and it is not equivalent to the usual place that is used in London.

Regardless, why be at home and have to travel to a hospital in an emergency?

It makes no sense at all.

Ambulance, helicopter?

How about being in a facility to begin with?

This sounds a bit selfish and a lot risky to me.

Honored Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

Yes, and it is not equivalent to the usual place that is used in London.

Regardless, why be at home and have to travel to a hospital in an emergency?

It makes no sense at all.

Ambulance, helicopter?

How about being in a facility to begin with?

This sounds a bit selfish and a lot risky to me.

You're speculating quite a bit.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

You can bet your bottom dollar, or pound that everything is well taken care of.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.