Esteemed Contributor

THE ROYAL BABY MAY HAVE TO BE BORN IN A HOSPITAL

[ Edited ]

I believe this was seen in the Daily Mail or People Royals.  Because of Meghan's age, and it being her first baby, if the baby is overdue it is possible she will have to be hospitalized at which time she will be induced.  Unfortunately this will prevent Meghan's desire to have a natural home birth.  Of course I cannot attest to the fact this is true and for all any of us know it is possible the baby has already been born.  

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Re: THE ROYAL BABY MAY HAVE TO BE BORN IN A HOSPITAL

I don't think her age is a factor at all.  She's 37 not 47.  We don't know her due date, it's no different for her than it is for any other woman.  First babies are often late and she might indeed have to be induced and the baby will be delivered in a hospital.  She'll be disappointed, of course but that will vanish the minute they put that baby in her arms.  Of course if the baby is delivered in a hospital, there goes the privacy they wanted.  That plan will fly out the window.  

Honored Contributor

There will be a helicopter standing buy to transport Meghan to the hospital if there is an emergency when she goes into labor or needs a hospital setting to give birth.

This has been reported weeks ago.  We do not know if she is overdue as we were not given an exact due date.  Sometime in spring...late April, early May. It is still early May.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Babies are never......"LATE" ..  when the apple is RIPE, it will fall!

A"due date" is just an, "estimated delivery time", so we can have an idea when to expect the birth............

37 is  NOT old, now a days most women  give birth at that age .Women have careers now and prefer to  save motherhood for later.Even if they have to freeze some eggs.......lol

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltreeLike the whole world, I don't know what's going on with the royal baby, but I do remember because she told the story so often that a friend of mine was told she was having an"elderly" pregnancy when she went to her obstetrician with her 4th pregnancy.  And she was only 35 at the time - and a healthy 35 who'd already given birth to 3 children easily.  Still her doctor was concerned because of her age.  I know this was long was long ago, but maybe pregnancies haven't changed all that much?

BTW-  that "elderly" birth is now a healthy, young woman with 4 children of her own.  

Valued Contributor

The term “elderly primagravida” is assigned to any woman over the age of 35 who has not given birth before. These are considered higher risk pregnancies.

Honored Contributor

It is a myth that first babies are often born late.

There are multiple factors involved in determining due date.

I was a third child and hung around for 10 months.

My first birth was a day early, and a C-section to boot.

Subsequent births can be late; first births can be early.

Since nobody knows her exact due date, which is just an estimate anyway, I'm just hoping for an easy delivery and a healthy baby.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

We just went through the same thing in our family.  A very healthy 37 year old Mom to be, she was considered an "older" pegnancy and required to give birth in a special hospital setting.  Extra precautions were taken throughout the months of her pregnancy due to her "advanced" age. Everyone appreciated all the extra care she received. I don't know all the details, but in the area where they live, 32 years was the age when older care came into play.  Whatever it takes to insure a healthy pregnancy and birth, up to and including a C Section, is well worth the concern and care. The important thing is to give Mom and baby the best possible care and the best chance at a healthy start. Meghan would certainly fall into the advanced age category. A healthy start is more important at this time of life than privacy. And I now have a gorgeous, brilliant one year old GGD. You can bet Meghan and Harry are well advised of all this.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

There will be a helicopter standing buy to transport Meghan to the hospital if there is an emergency when she goes into labor or needs a hospital setting to give birth.

This has been reported weeks ago.  We do not know if she is overdue as we were not given an exact due date.  Sometime in spring...late April, early May. It is still early May.

And there goes the plan to keep it secret if that happens.

Respected Contributor

Am I wrong...or have 'home births' seem to have fallen out of favor. I have not heard of anyone having one for a long time? Remember the TV show about birthing center births? That was a while ago.

Everyone I know has had hospital births, plenty of inductions right around due date.