Esteemed Contributor

THE REDHEADED BABIES THREAD MADE ME THINK

of something when I read someone's comment (sorry, can't remember who) that they aren't a "somebody elses baby person".  I can so relate, because I am not either.

Are you?  Do you just love other peoples kids/babies?  Do you just want to pick them up and hold them?  I have never been this way, but I loved our daughter to death.  I was a kisser, hugger, smoocher mom, just not to other's children.

My mom was an other people's baby person.  When she was in a nursing home, one of the attendants was pregnant.  She kept asking her if she would bring the baby in when she had it.  The girl did bring the baby in and laid it in my mother's arms.  I will never forget her face.  She had said, "if I could just hold a baby one more time" and this sweet girl made it possible.

Are you a "other people's baby" person?

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: THE REDHEADED BABIES THREAD MADE ME THINK

[ Edited ]

I have never been a baby person.  I fall in love 😍 when the kid is about 18 months old and up.

Respected Contributor

Love babies.  I could hold them for hours.   I get into that rocking motion when I hold one.   🤗

Honored Contributor

I love all babies.  I've been thinking of volunteering at the hospital to sit and rock babies.  My daughter spent a month in the hospital before her last baby was born (kidney stones).  After the baby was born my friend and I went to the hospital to rock my newborn baby (she couldn't go home right away).  My friend is like my girl's second mom.

The nurse said there are babies there who could really be helped by having people come and rock them.

My late husband loved babies too.  It was weird because he was serious and a big burly manly man, but he sure loved babies.

I have 7 living grandchildren (ages 15-5).  I just spent the day yesterday with the 15 and 13 year old girls.  I do that maybe 2 to 3 times a month.  It's great fun.  I would love, love to have babies in my family again, but two daughters are now too old and my 37 year old daughter isn't married, so I am running out of time.  Ha!

Honored Contributor

No, I can't even relate to it.  I loved my own babies, I love my nieces and nephews and god daughter.  I adore my little great niece who I babysit one day a week.  I can't tell you how much I look forward to Wednesdays together.  But I've never felt an attachedment or cared about some stranger's babies.  I've never been one to ooohhhh and ahhhhh over just any baby just because it's a baby.  Although many women do feel that way.  When new moms brought the babies into the office to show them....it was like work just stopped....all any of the women did was coo and giggle and gush over the babies.  I was like the guys in that aspect, I'd take a peek and say "beautiful baby" and go back to my office.  From the other side, I hated it when strangers wanted to kiss and hug my babies.  It always made me uncomfortable and I remember my mom said she'd been the same way with her babies.  

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs

What about other people's furbabies?  Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Are you a "other people's baby" person?

Only if the "baby" has four feet and a tail.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Babies seem so fragile so I've always been nervous around them. I do enjoy children.  Don't even mind if they are rambunctious, but screaming is intolerable.

Esteemed Contributor

I especially love other people's babies because you get to hand them back when theystart to cry!  And when they wake up crying in the middle of the night, they're at someone else's house, lol. As for my own kids, I preferred the time  after infancy because they were difficult babies. Loved every second of their childhoods!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

No, I'm not a baby or child person. Probably shouldn't write this, I thought those pictures were creepy, all those intertwined arms and legs.