Honored Contributor

Re: THE POPE IS ON INSTAGRAM

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

The Pope has been on Twitter for years, Pope Benedict also used twitter. 

I'm just going on the announcements.

Franciscus, is the instagram account, but Pontifex which is the official twitter account for the papal office has been around since 2012. It was used by Pope Benedict and then when he stepped down it was labeled sede vacante in the interim and during the conclave. 

Here's an article about it http://www.cbsnews.com/news/vatican-deletes-pope-benedict-xvi-tweets-from-pontifex/

Thanks, I do know Benedict was on twitter.  Reportedly, his tweets have now been taken down and archived.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Noel

Well, QGirl2 will be responding soon as that poster doesn't like to get news here on Viewpoints. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

Twitter and Instagram aren't the same thing.

Thank you, @Irshgrl31201  Smiley Happy

I'm surprised people aren't aware of that.

lol! What is surprising is that I know that!!! I am not a computer or techie person at all! I figured if I knew it, surely everyone else knew it years before I did!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

lol! What is surprising is that I know that!!! I am not a computer or techie person at all! I figured if I knew it, surely everyone else knew it years before I did!

@Irshgrl31201

LOL, well I have a techie daughter and part of her job includes PR and the use of social media, so I get the scoop from her.

I really love Instagram, we keep in touch with all the relatives that way, including pix of the kids and their travels in Europe... and it's all FREE.

It took me awhile to get into twitter, but I like the news updates and notifications if anything is happening in the city. 

Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Hi Noel

Well, QGirl2 will be responding soon as that poster doesn't like to get news here on Viewpoints. 

Hi @Puzzle Piece

Thanks for the warning Smiley Wink

Super Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@justmyopinion wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

That's correct! This is old news. Must be a slow day on google.

You're wrong.

It is not old news that Pope Francis is now on Instagram.  And a happy day to you, too Smiley Happy

Well your OP does say, "The Pope is now on Instagram and Twitter" which is why some of us are pointing out that the Pope has been on Twitter for years. 

Once again, you are correct. He has been on Twitter for some time now.

Valued Contributor

@Noel7  Well, here the Pope is well entrenched in  21'st century technology /social media & I'm only just now coming in "kicking & screaming" & still avoiding most social media!   LOL. 😊

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Honored Contributor

@justmyopinion wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@justmyopinion wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

That's correct! This is old news. Must be a slow day on google.

You're wrong.

It is not old news that Pope Francis is now on Instagram.  And a happy day to you, too Smiley Happy

Well your OP does say, "The Pope is now on Instagram and Twitter" which is why some of us are pointing out that the Pope has been on Twitter for years. 

Once again, you are correct. He has been on Twitter for some time now.

Saying he is now on Instagram and Twitter means now on both.

I am sorry this has all been so confusing to you, but I am grateful to Irshgirl for letting you know they are two different things. 

Honored Contributor

@3cupcakes wrote:

@Noel7  Well, here the Pope is well entrenched in  21'st century technology /social media & I'm only just now coming in "kicking & screaming" & still avoiding most social media!   LOL. 😊

Hi @3cupcakes   Smiley Happy

I know!  I like it that this Pope is so advanced.  I see it also as reaching out to the younger generation, which is really nice.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201

LOL, well I have a techie daughter and part of her job includes PR and the use of social media, so I get the scoop from her.

I really love Instagram, we keep in touch with all the relatives that way, including pix of the kids and their travels in Europe... and it's all FREE.

It took me awhile to get into twitter, but I like the news updates and notifications if anything is happening in the city. 

My daughter and son in law are really good with that stuff too. Even my grandson who will be 2 in July, knows how to swipe an Iphone to get to his flash cards on there. It amazes me. 

My daughter put her business (and Etsy Store) on Instagram and it really took off after that. She got several mentions on Buzz Feed, which I am not entirely sure what that is yet, and that really brought in a lot of traffic. I do have an Instagram and Twitter account that she set up for me, but only started using them recently. I do like it though.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK