Honored Contributor

You know what puzzles me-- that the older sister (who was away staying with friends at the time of the murder) continued to live with Lizzie for years afterward.  She knew her well, and at least might have suspected, even if she wasn't positive, that her sister was the murderer.  They lived in that fancier house in the tonier part of town, until the final falling out they had...

Honored Contributor

I think i read on the news ,they solved jack the ripper,they think,did dna on a scarf, was a match to some one that is related to the man they always thought did the killings.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

You know what puzzles me-- that the older sister (who was away staying with friends at the time of the murder) continued to live with Lizzie for years afterward.  She knew her well, and at least might have suspected, even if she wasn't positive, that her sister was the murderer.  They lived in that fancier house in the tonier part of town, until the final falling out they had...

Guess blood is thicker then water and if she really believed she did it,then, she prospered in the long run, also.

Emma, was more laid back and didn't want any part of the folks that Lizzie took up with. Movie folk, etc.

I know she moved away and think she changed her last name. That book did have some pics in it I hadn't seen of when Liz got older.

I think the old man had a illegitimate son who wasn't in the will I always kind of suspected him.

Jon Benet case is another interesting case.

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Jon Benet case is another interesting case.

After reading about all the evidence and listening to the 911 call, I came to the conclusion that her brother had killed her. jmo

Highlighted
Super Contributor
The Lizzie Borden TV Movie, with Elizabeth Montgomery, still stands today as being very believable. Plus, the acting and the editing are excellent; a quality presentation that encompasses the family dynamics, it's dysfunctions, and the understandable outcome.
Honored Contributor

Oh, agreed, @QVCalm.  I love that production.  Elizabeth Montgomery was chillingly good in that, wasn't she!

Honored Contributor

I could had sworn that in the TV movie at the very last scene Liz and Emma was in the kitchen and Emma turned to her and said "I will ask you this just one time, Lizzie, then, that will be the end of it did you kill Father"?

Elizabeth Montgomery turns to the camera deadpan face, then, ever so slightly she stares into the camera and grins a evil grin.

I bought that movie and it doesn't show the evil grin, just the deadpan expression. Don't think I imagined it. Made me mad that it wasn't included

A&E did a DVD on her, too.

Honored Contributor

What I thought, too, but, Dr. Phil doesn't believe he did it. At the time the brother was too young to had physically put her in the position she was found. First thing to occur to me was sibling rivalry, but, I guess based on

how she was found the young boy at the time could not had done it alone.

Think that whole investigation was botched from the get go.

Honored Contributor

Whoa, I find that fascinating, @SharkE.  If they did edit out that smile, I would love to know the reasoning behind it.  It would be great if anyone else who has seen it broadcast, would weigh in on whether they remember that part.

I'm not surprised you got the DVD-- that was such a haunting production...

Honored Contributor

probably on youtube. I paid for that chilling scene right at the very end of the movie just for that 10 second scene and she doesn't do nothing just stares straight into the camera.  

Wonder if it's on another version ?

I bought mine from amazon. I already had it taped on VHS from 100 yrs ago and compared them the same ending. I know I seen it somewhere where she did the sneer. LOL

JUst one of those things that you watch for. If I ever find it , if it's not my imagination, going loony LOL I'll buy it.

LIke that scene in Cleopatra where it's a moment waiting to see who bows first Liz Taylor or Rex Harrison. The crowd is still they're all anticipating who will make the first move, then, she, then , her son bows before him and the crowd goes wild !!!! It's all like Yay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a fool for those short scenes hahahhahah